Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi signs new two-year Yamaha deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi signs new two-year Yamaha deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi signs new two-year Yamaha deal

Valentino Rossi has penned a new two-year deal with Yamaha’s factory MotoGP squad. The Italian made it clear right from pre-season testing in February that he wished to clinch a new two-year contract to remain on a YZR-M1 for 2015 and ’16. And a brilliant opening half to the current campaign has got the 35-year-old the new contract he was seeking to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 57 days ago (02 July 2014 13:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

NOW HERES A THOUGHT

WONT ROSSI BE 38 IN 2017?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

That flacid boner.  Totaly forgot one. If I'm on the right track. Would the word "weak" be a good way to describe him. That's if I've got the right rider.  Plus rime with tostro

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

Good job he's got no teeth ...

.... 'me give good head - me get good contract'. Carmelo's smiling.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

DeGrasse

Very thoughful comments there but i would like to ask as Rossi said while he was in Ducati that you can't turn Ducati into a Yamaha M1. Yes Desmo can be succesful but in its own way. it will always stay different from Yamaha. So in this way do we have to agree that Yamaha can't be like Honda RCVor is there any possibility that it can slide and be a point and shoot bike like RCV. i have been following GP racing from a long time. Earlier M1 used to slide more but that could be perhaps because of the usage of less electronics. Is this the same thing which Rossi was speaking and now it applies it here too that Yamaha can be succeful and can beat marc on honda but in its own way. Just sharing my thoughts and questions

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

DirtyHarry46 +1

I am not aware of what exactly took place at Ducati appart for the reason why they were limited in their design opnion and one sure thing:

From Sept 2013, Yamaha produced more chassis to sort out their problems than Ducati for Rossi in two years.

For their own technical direction and what ways Rossi and them did chose to follow i can't be of much help appart for this, perhaps. manziana.motocorse.com/blog/33324_90_VS90_____ENG_version.php

Let me know if it did help you answer your questions.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

DirtyHarry46 - 2

They will never try to make an RC of the M1, it is not Yamaha culture and would serve them little and lead them nowhere, not the right engine design nor characteristic for that.

Remember how they came to develop their OWs. The 20 was basically an oversized 250 with two 250 engines put together, even the chassis was designed for corner speed, like most 500 of the time. The changes came with the Cantilever in 1974, shorter wheelbase, the OW 23, it opened the way for K.R chassis.

global.yamaha-motor.com/race/wgp-50th/race_archive/machines/#500cc

From day one they were pitted vs factories able to produce engines with better power band or/and more torque than their 4-in-line (3 in-line, square 4), so they had to use more corner speed while retaining the possibility for the bike to be steered on the brakes and gas, as K.R did vs Sheene first time out, after Honda dumped the V3 NS and adopted their V4 it was pretty much the same story.

After K.R, Lawson and Rainey did pretty much the same when it come to technical and development direction, from the time Rainey was out, only 250 styles rider were available to Yamaha, Cadalora and Biaggi in particular, not one of them won a title.

To get a chassis to turn/slide more than Lorenzo's typical 2011/13 chassis, you need a shorter wheel base (same old story OW20/23) and more weight on the front wheel, the actual M1 still has too little (see the sledge hammer thing) although they changed that to improve braking, for good steering control on the rear brake or gas, they still are working at turnability and acceleration.

On top of that, it is impossible to build up the right tyre temperature as fast as the RC does and the difference between the coolest and hottest are larger than what the RC generates, it means that the tyre have to work harder and produces less grip on the front for braking and destroys itself chemically like was the case in the USA. It doesn't turn-in as well either but is more stable than the RC which is what Lorenzo likes most.

I don't think Yamaha are looking for an "RC type" of chassis, but more like a "Rainey type" of chassis with a near-perfect balance, and Rossi can get them there.

My opinion: Since they introduced the V4 in GP500 (0W61-1982), they shouldn't be ashamed to return to it and do a 4 stroke OWF9 or J1, which is the HRC approach with the RC, and it works real well for them. Imagine THIS with a 4 stroke V4

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha,ha,ha Quasi

Now you want Yamaha to build a twin cranked four stroke.

They can run whatever wheelbase and static weight distribution they want you tool. It's called adjustability Quasi and in a GP motorcycle it's virtually infinite.

What you can't do is adjust the Terrapin to ride like Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostroclustersizedfuckup. Why are you insisting in trying to give the impression you know what you write?

"They can run whatever wheelbase and static weight distribution they want you tool. It's called adjustability Quasi and in a GP motorcycle it's virtually infinite".

Sure, what is nowhere near as adjustable is your I.Q and infinite level of thickness, you could fcuk up an anvil and split it in two head butting it if you tried hard enough.

So? Setting aren't mechanically LIMITED according to you? NO mechanical STOPS to settings? Almighty god-unlimited screws and bolt travels.

Yamaha will be pleased to learn that, no doubt there's already a fat cheque from Nakajima to your address, for saving them the time to change their chassis and come up with yet another two extra version to sort only the braking issue since September, as simple a thing as your gold fish borrowed mind can make up...

We've seen TONS of B-S and hilariously funny comments in this forum, but by far you hold the Guinness World record of the dumb and dumbest not even trying, if idiots could fly you'd hold the high orbit record no problem too.

Now get yourself an appointment to your nearest brain surgery and get a scan, this old craddle crash of yours looks loads more serious than we previously thought. Adjustability.... Right.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

GEEEEEEE-FOCKING-ZUS-CHRIST! O_o

Is that ME or is this guy real foacked up? Time to BAN computer games methink.

"Lorenzo has helped Milestone developers to create a game that has been founded on loyalty, realism and simulation. Input was provided by the 2010 and 2012 World Champion, giving the game an official TESTED BY JORGE LORENZO mark"....

SURE THING.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nostro

Odd that, when i look at the title table right now it would appear Rossi is 2nd and Jorge a way behind in 5th, so on that basis i would suggest that currently Rossi is Yamaha's nr1 and not Jorge, hate the Terrapin all you like mate but the table doesn't lie, facts is facts?

You do need to get some help with your irrational fear/hatred of Rossi. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices