Skip to content

Discuss This Honda deny 2015 talks with Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda deny 2015 talks with Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda deny 2015 talks with Cal Crutchlow

Honda is not planning to launch a bid to save Cal Crutchlow from his Ducati nightmare. Rumours started to emerge in Assen last weekend that Crutchlow was being considered as a replacement for Alvaro Bautista at Gresini Honda or Stefan Bradl at LCR Honda for 2015. But HRC boss Livio Suppo, who admitted in Holland that Bautista and Bradl’s future remain in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 79 days ago (04 July 2014 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's only one person Crutchlow should be talking to

and that's himself. His perfomance and his mouth have been a disgrace this season. Kind of similar to 2013 actually.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

In fairness

There was'nt much wrong with his performance in 2013, he did v.well aided no doubt by the fact that Rossi was woeful on the Factory Yamaha. I think that helped put him in podium contention more often.

His interviews can be cack though

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

It would be a risk

I don't think Cal has deserved as much stick as he has got for his riding capabilities. But it seems he has given up on the 'Ducati Dream' already, even though he knew that this year was going to be very difficult, and in 2015 Ducati would bring out a new bike with the aim of fighting for the Championship again. Personally, I think with his attitude, he doesn't deserve to stay in MotoGP on a factory bike; it would be a big mistake in my opinion if Honda replaced Bradl or Bautista with Crutchlow, because there's no telling whether he would be able to ride it any better than the Ducati, so I'm glad they've denied the rumours. Cal needs to take a different approach to the whole Ducati situation, and do his best until next year; if they are still struggling next year, then he has reason to complain.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Cal

He needs to get off the Duck! - Being in a works team sucks if its not even top 10, J Millers push bike in the pic looks better handling.

Reply to this Topic
Trident900rider

Nov 12

NOBODY KNOWS

at has been going on behind the scenes for CC. The only fact we really know is that only Casey Moaner managed to ride that dreadful machine, and it has shortened the careers of at least three riders I can think of, and nearly did for The Doctor.

Yes, CC's interviewing technique is pretty cr*p, but that should not reflect on his skills as a rider - as it has already been pointed out, the Tech3 machines are nowhere this season after he left.

Being a gobby so-and-so, he does not endear himself to many, that's for sure. But if he has been trying to get somewhere with the Duck and no-one appears to be listening, how long would YOU put up with it? Nothing more demoralising than rolling down the pit-lane on a broken bike when everyone else is still out there racing.

We can all come up with our little ideas and make some cutting remarks, the little keyboard warriors that we are, but none of us have the first clue what is happening behind closed doors at Ducati. Kwackanacki is right. I think CC needs to jump. and soon.

Reply to this Topic
Trident900rider

Nov 12

WOULD LORENZO

jump ship? It is a possibility, I suppose, given that VR has decided to be a thorn in his side until 2016.... But surely Yam are looking for European riders? ;)

Reply to this Topic
Trident900rider

Nov 12

Well, JW...

... JL does seem to have stagnated, does he not? And so has Senor Pedrosa for that matter. I think a bike swap might spice things up... (!)

But as far as CC goes, I would be surprised if he goes to Honda, or Suzuki for that matter. I think he will bottle it and stay with the Duck, given the fat pay-packet. He just needs to toe the Company line and say the politically correct things they want him to say. I know I would if that kind of money were at stake! however, as we know, that is not CC's way.

But, as I mentioned earlier, nobody knows what has been said or done behind closed doors with Ducati...

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

hold on

If Lorenzo goes to Ducati would the 2 different riding stiles clash to what characteristics they're going to develop the bike around.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Lorenzo adapting well this year

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Mmm maybe, Cal when the Ducati doesn't break does 9th a drop of 4 from last year and Lorenzo when he's not crashing or being scared is 4th s drop of 3.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices