Skip to content

Discuss This Marc VDS Racing clarifies Jack Miller contract situation MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc VDS Racing clarifies Jack Miller contract situation

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc VDS Racing clarifies Jack Miller contract situation

The contract saga surrounding Moto3 sensation Jack Miller for 2015 is showing no sign of reaching an amicable resolution. The much sought after Aussie teenager signed a pre-contract for 2015 and 2016 to move to Moto2 with the Marc VDS Racing squad. The Belgian-based Marc VDS Racing squad is adamant the pre-contract Miller signed with them last September to move to Moto2...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 78 days ago (04 July 2014 13:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Getting intense

I don't believe in riders suffering on track because of what happens in terms of rides of it, but Miller has gone a bit of form since he crashed at Mugello. I still think he's one of the favourites for the titles, along with Fenati, Marquez and maybe Rins, but I to me there is still something missing that I can't quite put my finger on. He should be in Moto2 next year however, no doubt about that.

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

Another Case of Managers Trying To Exploit Young Talent

Like so many other entertainment industries there are people wanting to exploit young emerging talent. On the flip side they are investing in that person and would wish to seek a reward.

It's the lure of ' you can only go with me if you want to get ahead but you'll have to sign away your soul'. You could say more fool JM for signing it but if his weight and value is on the up, all contracts should allow for negotiation and a fair buy out fee for the investor / team.   

However having the ethics to try and tie a young person into a 3 year watertight contract is pretty indefensible. It relies on that talent being exceptional and then enforcing a signed bit of paper that declares ' hang on, I'm allowed to exploit you for THREE years regardless of the performance at my end'. 

The moral of this is that businessmen are willing to f*ck over a young persons career and potanetial for profit and for a 'return on their investment' - which isn't a fair balance between just reward and allowing individuals the moral opportunity to better themselves. 

If true, this is quite sad...

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

I'm really not sure what the fuss is about.  He apparently signed a 3yr deal - the first of which he is currently doing in Moto3 with KTM.  He will make the move to what is (based on current results) the best team in Moto2 for 2 years (a fairly standard duration) and then free to look at the MotoGP offers on the table.  To me its a good deal and probably the best choice for his career progression - I really don't think a fast track to MotoGP would be the wisest move.  Sovrec, it works both ways too - Bradley Smith being a case in point.  Very mediocre performances on the Moto2 bike but with a contract guaranteeing him a satellite Yamaha - independent of results.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tosh Sovrec

Until we hear the other side of the story this sounds like just the opposite. What's Jack 18 or 19 years old? Old enough to be able to make clear decisions with advice from friends, family and his manager.

He's got the best Moto2 team in the world to move to, yet it sounds like he wants more? Unscrupulous greed on his part I'd say.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

a few good results don't make a great rider, to early to say at the mo, as his results of late haven't been great

Reply to this Topic
JehovahsWankmouth

Jul 14

+1 Nostro...

...I just love to publicly tongue your ass and agree with everything you say xxx

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

YIPPEE !!!!

I've got a secret friend - he's called JMB (but don't say 'cos it's secret)

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Miller, careful as he goes

Interesting rumours.

arrogance dictates he should go far. I still think Fenati may beat him to the title

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

From what I've seen  I'd suggest there's a 3rd party in this who has managed to turn his head which in all honestly in that BS enviroment is easily done,the probelm being as many up and coming racers are matched by the same number of wannabee managers who all get gobbled up by the great white sharks that swim there.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

you have to think

Why would Mark VDS say they have a signed contract if they don't? Sorry Jack but if you signed it then you either have to stick by it or buy yourself out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices