Skip to content

Discuss This Gary Mason in surprise return to BSB British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Gary Mason in surprise return to BSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Gary Mason in surprise return to BSB

Former MCE British Superbike podium finisher Gary Mason will make a surprise return to the series next time out at Brands Hatch, coming out of retirement to deputise for the injured Mitchell Carr in the Anvil TAG Kawasaki squad. Mason, a double Superbike Cup champion in 2008 and 2009, hasn’t raced since half way through the 2012 season, retiring from the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 86 days ago (07 July 2014 12:28)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bandol1990

May 13

bandol1990 says:

gary mason return

what a waste of petrol.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Quality

Shows where the quality of BSB racing has dropped to. Quite the most piss poor field and racing I have seen from this championship in 5 years. Why not bring back out of retirement Sean Emmett, Hayden & Whitham as well. Can't possibly make it any worse.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Quality?

I don't think BSB has ever been more packed with high-quality riders. Most if not all of the front-runners have GP or WSBK experience, and a lot of them would be more than faster than some of the WSBK riders.

Reply to this Topic
Angio21

Jul 14

Angio21 says:

not so high level

I don't think the level of the championship is so high, ten years ago the BSB winners moved up to the world championship and they were title contenders.

Nowdays the championship is dominated by shakey who is not anymore a world championship level rider, his 2010 results were pretty clear about that, only Alex Lowes this year is showing something good.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Alex Lowes

Is Alex Lowes showing something in WSBK.

Not convined by this on the basis of his results.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Bear in mind the Suzuki is struggling now against the latest Italian and European offerings. I also think that his team should have told him to calm the fuk down when he was repeatedy throwing it at the scenery at the first rounds.  That definately set him back. We will see a win and a pole from him before the end of the year, which is more I think than we saw from Tom Sykes in his first year in WSB. I might be wromg about that, someone please correct me if Tom won or got a pole in his 1st full year in WSB.  

Reply to this Topic
slikrick101

Sep 09

slikrick101 says:

Mason's return

I'd sooner see proven racers like Mason in the series rather than riders we haven't heard of who come in and don't make an impact. Mason is proven to be competitive at this level and has been on the podium.

Carr, on the other hand, I had never heard of until this season (which is saying something) and did nothing in World Supersport last season, scoring 0 points. One wonders what he brings to the series.

Mason is proven and is a well-liked character.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Shakey Bryne

Shane Byrne was one of the quickest riders in 2010 pre-season testing, before a huge crash at Phillip Island. There are a lot of people who think that Shakey would be able to mix it with the front guys in WSBK with a Kawasaki, and I think so too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices