Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 won’t sacrifice YZR-M1 for Aleix Espargaro MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 won’t sacrifice YZR-M1 for Aleix Espargaro

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 won’t sacrifice YZR-M1 for Aleix Espargaro

Aleix Espargaro’s aspirations of racing younger brother Pol on an identical factory-backed Yamaha in 2015 have been quickly crushed. The Spaniard was hoping his Forward Racing squad could secure the lease of a factory spec YZR-M1 like the version currently raced by reigning Moto2 world champion Pol and British teammate Bradley Smith. With Yamaha only allowed to enter four official bikes, it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 116 days ago (07 July 2014 12:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Be My Guest....

Aleix Asparagus - I want a Factory Yamaha boss...

Cuzari - Sure Il get you one...

Poncheral - Hey I have 2 factory spec Yamaha's Cuzari, why not take one of mine?

Cuzari - Really !  Wow!

Poncheral - No not really.  

Cuzari - Oh, sorry Aleix you will have to carry on as you are, but look at the bright side, when you still dont get great results you can always say its the bike still !

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

The most important news here.

Yamaha has made it very clear that Tech 3 will be on a Factory spec in 2015.

Considering the changes made to the Factory M1 this season, both on rear and front brakes, engine braking, turnability, acceleration, these revised specs for 2015 should suit Pol a lot more than the actual Tech 3 specs this season.

The fact that Yamaha actually agreed to let him develop his riding (and uses the necessary setting for that) in view of the evolution seen on the Factory M1 speaks volume.

They clearly intend to improve on these areas, sacrificing a bit of stability and corner speed, simply because they have Marquez pulling the carpet from under their feet since last season.

Yamaha techies are no fanboys, when they looked at last year partials, they quickly realised that the M1 wouldn't be able to make up enough time on corner speed while loosing so much to Marquez on braking and acceleration.

Wining 8 races vs a guy on his first year in Moto GP was just an illusion, have he had the experience like this year, he would have won 7 races during the first 7 GP just the same.

Pol had the experience of Moto2 style and even competing vs and beating Marquez with a similar style, Rossi main role at Yamaha have been to find and point out the M1 chassis weak points, and start developing it in the right direction.

Doesn't matter that his detractors and Lorenzo fan are going to say about it, it haven't changed with time, the hearth is still flat and inquisition is still the best of religion, to Yamaha Racing and Tech3, it's not a matter of belief, it's knowledge and technical FACTS.

HERE is ONE BIG FACT-OR.

Brilliant 250cc riders like Carlos Lavado, Anton Mang, Christian Sarron, Sito Pons, and others were unable to adapt to 500s. Sarron, who had a single 500cc win, was brilliant as long as his tires were fresh. In 1988, he ran up a string of five-consecutive pole positions on a Yamaha 500 and finished fourth overall behind Eddie Lawson, Wayne Gardner, and Wayne Rainey. But Roberts, then in his first year as team owner of the Lucky Strike Yamaha team of Rainey and Kevin Magee, said in an interview that year, “That 250 style can get you on the pole, but when the tires are worn, you are f____d.”

Otherwise put; "When the grip is LOW you are f____d.

www.cycleworld.com/2014/01/10/dirt-track-training-with-kenny-roberts-and-influence-on-top-level-grand-prix-racing/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

Well done son

Remember what I teached you, no matters what the topic is its all about me and the back brake and shitty 250 styles.

Let no one tell you any different until this forum becomes devoted to all things Kenny Roberts, your back brake theory and occassionally your Rossi fetish.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORKS!

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

P.S

I just f*cking love your profile pic man, it sooo reminds me of myself and also of Valintino Rossi rolled into one sexy thunder ass

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

Also

Can you come overs to my place this weekend buddy? I am fitting an oversize back brake to my bike and my Slomo Sons Kenny and Kurtis wont help me, tell me it retarted they do..wish you were my real son not these too slomos 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

LOL!

Just watched "KING KENNY THE RACING YEARS".

22 second at Misano to the next guy in the wet (This of course was before the rain stops and nursing the tyres to victory) on a 0W53 notoriously difficult to ride even in dry condition without using the rear brake.... I want to learn this one.

http://global.yamaha-motor.com/race/wgp-50th/race_archive/machines/yzr500_0w54/img/pic_wpaper_yzr500_0w54_01_1024x768.jpg

Oh i nearly forgot, result of the dogfight vs trolls in the L'Equipe forum, LA BILLE 3, SloMos 0.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

Il show you Sunday Son...

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

More

I want more.

tell them about that time some English pig swine kept giving me the fingers.

Good boy 

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

or

Tell them all about the back brake and how u ride rings round silly old ron haslam because he cant use and is slomo

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

I have a joke for you Son

Whats the most common phrase used in French?

ANS: I give up.

Sorry son

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices