Skip to content

Discuss This Gary Johnson on road to recovery after TT smash TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Gary Johnson on road to recovery after TT smash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Gary Johnson on road to recovery after TT smash

Double TT winner Gary Johnson is well on the road to recovery following his crash in the Superstock TT just over a month ago, despite the Lincolnshire rider suffering more severe injuries that first realised in the off at Tower Bends. Coming only a day after taking his second TT victory in the Supersport TT on the Smiths’ Triumph, Johnson got...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 107 days ago (08 July 2014 09:38)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

What a Plonker

The vertebrae are healing nicely, and even though I'm supposed to be in a brace for the next five weeks still I'm out of it. It's not that I know better than the doctors, but I know my body and I know it's healing up really well.” 

Obviously took a bit of a bang to the head as well, they like to keep you in a brace for weeks on end just for fun....if it all goes pear shaped i'll be the first to laugh.

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

Laugh?

If Garys injuries go pear shaped you would be the first to laugh preadator? Nice!

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Laugh out load I would also

So would I and a lot of other people.

I f he is stupid enough to ignore the doctor then he he really is a fool

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

You would laugh out loud like a lot of other people, are you 6? He defied medical advice like every other motorcyccling hero i know including this countries most popular riders like Hailwood and Sheene, heroes like Doohan, Roberts, Dunlop, Rossi and many many more. Critisising a motorcycle racer for defying doctors orders show you have absolutely no knowledge of the sport. As for getting pleasure when riders are hurt, well leave this site for fans mate. 

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

Get well soon Gaz

Great victory at the TT Gary, hope you get well soon and are racing, winning and entertaining all the fans when you can mate, 

All the best.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think the inference

is grounded in the fact Gary's talking about his vertebrae, this is not an area of the body you want to mess with given the potentially crippling consequences from even a minor domestic incident.

Quite a few degrees of naunce away from a racer with a plated collar bone racing to stay in a title hunt for instance.

If it was my healing broken backbones I'd keep that damn thing on as long as the medical professionals told me to.

Reply to this Topic
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

yes i'd laugh

Onitssidechris, i have been a chartered physiotherapist since 1996, durnig my illustrious career i have come to the conclusion that motorcyce racers and indeed all other sportspeople have the same anatomy and physiology as the rest of us.

Forget the childish comment of not understanding motorcycle racing which is entirely incorrect and irrelevant, if the spine is not kept from moving awkwardly whilst the vertabre heal it could potentially damage him for the rest of his life. 

So laugh i would, why have highly trained medical professionals looking after people if certain individuals "know their body better". 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

Nostrodamus

I think the fact that pedator said he would be the first to laugh and grayzx7r said so would he if the injury went pear shaped that has pissed me off so much. If they had said they disagreed with Gary and he should have kept to doctors instruction it wouldn't have bothered me. 

Also if you read racers biographys you would find that most have defied doctors recommendations concerning back and neck injuries at risk of serious consequences to progress their racing careers. 

Like you nostradamus i would follow a doctors advice to the letter and wouldn't take any chances but I could never be a top motorcycle racer. 

It was the nasty childish response of the others that i find out of order.

Reply to this Topic
onitssidechris

Jun 10

predator

Good luck in your "illustrious career" as a physio, your obviously a caring professional. I would laugh at you if you wasn't so sad

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Predator

Well said , at least someone has some sense.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices