Skip to content

Discuss This We ride the Ariel Ace at Goodwood First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > We ride the Ariel Ace at Goodwood

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

We ride the Ariel Ace at Goodwood

It’s hard to believe the Ariel Ace cruiser really is a new bike. It’s seemingly come out of nowhere, is made by a car firm, and yet it’s already better than many established production bikes. The Ariel Ace cruiser is impressive during my quick blast up and down the famous Goodwood hillclimb. It rides beautifully and, crucially, doesn’t try to be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 72 days ago (09 July 2014 10:50)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eyebrowler

Jul 09

eyebrowler says:

Stunning looking machine.

Congratulation Ariel on getting this gorgoeous looking machine onto the tarmac. Very rare a production bike promises so much on the concept drawings and actually makes it out of the factory door without loads of comprimises. Good idea with the modern power plant as well, usually on this type of bike you get the automatic fitment of an enormous underpowered american V-twin. If I were in the market for a 20 grand bike I would definetly consider it. Love it, Made in England ...mint.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Like it.

Any video footage?

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

it's

effing horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
foxens

May 14

foxens says:

That's the pretties twisted metal frog we've seen yet. Not even sure at what I'm looking here, lines everywhere... where is the design?

Reply to this Topic
EK_Biker

Nov 07

EK_Biker says:

If I had £20k I would be signing up for one, too many bikes look like clones now it's great to see something different

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

yes but what about the result

OK its got a great engine, Honda know a bit about V4's.

It's got an ally a perimeter tubular frame, think early GSXR it Daytona.

Girder forks, err Vincent

Wheels, yeah sure that's been done before.

What was the bike up the hill faster than this 20K parts bin special?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Honda was probably glad they could shift some of those engines to someone else coz you don't see many  VFR 1200s around as they haven't been very popular. I read an article that said the frame was machined in one piece and as a former N/C machinist, I would love to know how that was done because it must have been a nightmare to produce without warping as it was machined and also how they clamped it whilst it was being machined. That is if it was machined from one solid lump which I find hard to believe.

Reply to this Topic
trophyian

May 10

trophyian says:

What a stuning machine. Isn't it good to see a company ( not nomrmally associated with bikes)  think out of the box and to be bold enough to take an idea and put it into ( i hope) production. Too many people are prepared to knock this sort of thing. Ok style is personal  ( I for one dislike race reps, power ranger styling ) but this one fits witt the "Atom brand"

A British company ( ok it needs a Triumph triple engine ) so well done guys! 

Reply to this Topic
Bewolf

Jul 14

Bewolf says:

Ariel

A fine begining but what it really needs is for a white knight to invest a million or so to design a modern version of the square four engine. Then it would truly be an ariel.

Reply to this Topic
nickhowes

Aug 09

nickhowes says:

Ariel Ace

"You can't go far wrong when you start with a Honda VFR 1200 engine...."  I don't remember much in the way of positive reporting in MCN when the VFR 1200 was launched, so where has this piece of convenient prose come from?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices