Skip to content

Discuss This Naked Suzuki GSR1000 on the way New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Naked Suzuki GSR1000 on the way

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Naked Suzuki GSR1000 on the way

Suzuki’s new bike resurgence is set to accelerate in style in just three months’ time, as the firm unveils a naked version of its GSX-R1000 superbike. According to MCN sources in Japan, the new bike – likely to be called GSR1000 – will use a re-tuned version of the 182bhp 999cc inline four-cylinder from the GSX-R1000, and will retain a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 76 days ago (09 July 2014 12:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

naked bikes

I despair at you guys your lack of knowledge on your subject is breathtaking

what about the naked SV1000 ?????? with 150 mph top end i suppose you would call that a tourer?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nigel100...

"but the softer TL-derived SV1000 that followed it never really had the engine or chassis to compete in this fiercely contested category."

Christ... if that was an update in response they're certainly on the ball today!

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

GSR1000"R" R

nigel1000, There is mention of the SV1000 in the piece if you take a closer look.[says bought by blind people. LoL]

Anyway, The sooner this bike come to market the better for Suzuki!. I'm currently in the market for the CB1000R but i might just hang back for a while to take a closer look at this. If the picture is accurate and not a mock-up jobby, this could be my next ride after 20 years on Fireblades.

Reply to this Topic
BikerRob70

Mar 11

BikerRob70 says:

big nakeds

I bought a brand new, pre-reg unfaired SV1000 and loved the engine for it's grunt and braking from the big twin; rolling on and off the throttle without needing brakes is a hoot.  I kept it for 3 years and did over 20,000 miles on it. I sold it in the end because big nakeds are too much like hard work when the wind blast kicks in. I tried a couple of different fly screens but they only do so much.

I love the look of some of the big nakeds, GSR 750, Tuono, speed triple etc but I would never buy one again because of the neck strain - great up to 70 or 80, above that (obviously on private roads/track etc) rain feels like you're getting shot in the chest by machine gun.

there will certainly be a good number of customers who value the performance when they need it but have more focus on the styling, so sure it will be well received.

Reply to this Topic
SteelD

Oct 06

SteelD says:

Going Fully Naked Is Not For Me

There is a market sector that manufacturers are neglecting - the semi-naked bike. I want something nimble with a reasonable amount of weather protection but I don't want a race replica, a full-blown tourer, an adventure bike or a scooter. All I want is something like a naked street bike but with a half-fairing. This used to be a popular option once and is a good compromise for many riders, but it's all-but non-existent now. BMW kicked this off with the R90S in the 1970s and even they dropped their RS variants some time ago to give us just adventure, full-tourer or fully-naked bikes.

We can't all have more than one bike and so our bikes have to fulfil multiple roles - a semi-naked is a good compromise.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Copy

Looks more like an MT-09 style machine than one that will seriously challenge the S1000R or Tuono RSV4. First thing to go has to be that front mudguard. Looks like a 70's meccano build.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Suzuki, Too little Too Late ?

Suzuki have a lot of catching up to do. Id love to see new bikes but a naked gsxr IL4 engined bike is hardly ground breaking, its more just a gap filler?

Yamaha hit the ground running, MT07 & MT09. ALL NEW bikes, not rehashed from parts bins like what we will probably see from Suzuki. On top of that Yamah have a new range of bikes to come this year i belive so exciting from that front.

Honda have had a lot of new bikes too, this triangular front design is abysmal, but they're kind of going in the right direction. But Suzuki.....they aint.

Ihad their overpriced (in my opinion) new VStrom 1000 for a couple of days. It felt no better than a 2010 cbf600s, wooden feeling, crap suspension but practical. If the Vstrom was about 3k cheaper it would be a good bike.

Suzuki's current efforts in WSBK are an embarressment, the bike is old and paul denning is clearing thinking like suzuki that it'll be all ok, who are they kidding. Only themselves.That gsxr will kill the career of Laverty &  hamper Lowes.

I dont want Suzuki to fail but i think their penny pinching is going to bite them in the as*.

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

To be fair i like it. The gsr750 is a great bike overall looks good and handles really well, it lacked grunt tho, so if putting a thou in solves that then they will sell alot of these. The cb1000r is a bit tame and the mt range has a look about it that not everyone likes. My z1000 2011 model was an exceptional bike again an aquired taste to look at perhaps but an awesome motor and sweet handling meant it was great fun to ride. That is there main competition imo

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'm sure this bike will sell but there's a lot more choice than what's mentioned in this review with competition from Triumph, Honda, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, MV and probably a new model from Yamaha to come soon too. So its nothing ground breaking but if you like Suzuki's, I suppose you will like this. It's late to the party but you pays your money and takes your choice, and there's lots of choice.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

brilliant............

ifu it is half as good as the Iconic Gizer Thou......... And a whole lot more exciting than the GSR750 then this will be a Brilliant Naked .......so much better than the SV1000 in my humble opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices