Skip to content

Discuss This Camier back in WSB to deputise for injured Corti World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Camier back in WSB to deputise for injured Corti

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Camier back in WSB to deputise for injured Corti

Leon Camier will once again return to the World Superbike championship this weekend at Laguna Seca, deputising for the injured Claudio Corti on the factory MV Agusta machine. Corti, who crashed out of Superpole 1 at Portimao last weekend, has been ruled unfit to race, after a head injury in the race has left him with ongoing symptoms including memory problems....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 68 days ago (10 July 2014 11:42)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Have Lid will travel !!

I do hope that with his undoubted ability on these bikes some bloody team manager give's Leon a permenant ride pronto, this fella jumps on vitually anything under him (motorbike) that is and makes it work, very best of luck to you Leon, at least you've got a fab trip to Laguna out of it, go and blitz matey !!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Its lie

James Haydon all over again.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Like not lie

damn it

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Go to BSB Leon

If he's really WSBK quality, he should go back to BSB, win some races, and show team managers why he should be in WSBK. He could have got the Halsall Kawasaki ride if he wanted to I'm sure. Missed opportunity. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

It's a shame

Leon has to resort to 'ambulance chasing' to get a ride, he deserves better, maybe a good showing at Laguna may help him. I don't think Shakey and the guys would like to see him back in BSB lol.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Game of tennis anyone?

When I was watching Wimbledon (an unusual opeing line on this forum I grant you) it would amuse me to look up the prize money career earnings of guys I'd never even heard of. I'm talking about guys that have never in their shole lives ever taken a set, much less beaten the top seeds like Federer. Average $10 million dollars. And that's just in prize money for heaven's sake. 

So why is there so little money for riders in bike racing? I blame the organsiers. Someone must be on the make. 

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Ivebeenthehero

I assume a lot of people think that bike riders in general are stupid for doing something so dangerous. Why should people get paid for being stupid? 

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

I've heard it said by TV commentators that you can make a half-decent living in BSB, as the bikes are far cheaper so there's actually a few quid left over for the riders. In the next few years this will hopefully happen in WSBK too, as the evo rules take hold. To 99% of us, the bikes getting cheaper, and slightly slower, will make **** all difference to the quality of entertainment on offer, as it's all relative. If BSB is anything to go by, making the bikes cheaper also makes the racing closer. I don't know about you, but I like close racing.

One thing that is not up for debate is that every rider in every class in every series deserves to make a living wage at the very minimum. They provide us all with excellent entertainment whilst risking their lives. The most dangerous thing that happens to me at work is downloading a computer virus by accident, and I earn more than some riders in world championship series'. That's not right.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Whenever I attend a Classic or Club meeting there is always close exciting racing and although they're travelling at half the speed of Motogp the excitement of a close scrap is not diminished.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Oliver's mount

Saw dean h racing there and met him at Barton other week, genuine guy and on the up, best racing was the classics from the 90's, even to today's superbikes they was seriously awsum to hear at full chat.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices