Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

mulling over next bike

Hey all 

Been considering getting a new mt07 no idea why but also have the option of a second hand vfr VTEC an x11 for a lot less 

Problem is this I no longer need a bike for all year round transport after 15 or so years of only using a bike now have a car. its been a year since I got my leg over a bike my sanity has suffered so time to take a serious look at my next bike.  

So I want a fun bike no sports bikes no need for hyper tourers just something if I am honest for a few months a year with the odd day here and there.

so a fun bike ppl 600cc and up.  And for a 6 footer  just beginning o think the mt would be a waste for all I will use it.

And reliable no Italian bikes or American 

So any suggestions?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 73 days ago (11 July 2014 15:45)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

I have

a pre-VTec VFR but in your position, i'd be seeking out a Street Triple

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm

considering an MT-07 as well although for the price of the new bike you can get something so much better second hand.

A VFR is a totally different bike with a totally different purpose so really consider what you want the bike for.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

don't trust triumph

Don't trust triumph there finish and reliability has a lot to be desired.  Few mates have had nothing but trouble with there's and between them they have had 7 of them.

Although I do like the the speed triple the 955 not the 1050 

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

hey phile

Had a vfr before both the fi and VTEC the VTEC was a nice bike to float about on.  Stuck on the mind set of using it for long distance all the time I think rather than the truth of I just want fun

so what would you recommend ? Have had well over 30 bikes so kind of want something to be worth while different from the rest I have had.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Then

an MT-09

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'd be

Tempted by what he said. 

Mt07 sounds like a wheelie machine though if that's your thing :biggrin:

Also consider supermoto for something hilarious and different. 

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

bikerbit....

We have a delicious SV650 for sale if that floats ya boat? '99 model with under 10,000 miles in stunning condition.......... Tis well good fun to ride.......:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

^^^^^

One "careful" owner, Ahem!!:winkie::tongue:

Soz Stealth, couldn't resist :smile

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

sv ha yeah right

mt09 is out of my budget for that money would buy a second hand bking or the likes 

as for super moto i am considering them seen a ktm duke but not sure ktm are very reliable also seen an xt660 but seems bit dull 

stealth wouldnt touch an sv or a bandit.  sv is to cramped and if yur talking about the 650 the hyosung is a better engine lol  and bandit is p*** poor 

I am tempted by the speed triple but reliability puts me off 

will have to seriously take a strll round the shops find something then go buy it private lol 

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

fuck all wrong .........

with a SV650 ... me mrs has got one ..i ride it ( 6'4" ) plenty of grunt /power .... whats wrong with that ??? 

on the other hand --- " X11 " ...??? youd be laughed out of town .... uglier the "white Dee " ( and 3 times as fat  ) off Benifit Street ....... fuck em both .....FUCK EM ALL ....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices