Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring Moto2: Aegerter takes last lap win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring Moto2: Aegerter takes last lap win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sachsenring Moto2: Aegerter takes last lap win

Swiss rider Dominique Aegerter has taken the full 25 points at the Sachsenring after battling with Mika Kallio. Aegerter spent most of the race in Kallio's wheel tracks unable to make a move. With four laps to go the Suter rider moved in to first position at the first corner, but Kallio soon retook the lead. Aegerter left it until the penultimate...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 111 days ago (13 July 2014 12:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

They REALLY DON'T use the rear brake in Moto2.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/305027/images/300x200/aegerter.jpg

Sure thing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Hoozah

A few more podiums and wins, a good showing at the Suzuka 8 Hours and the Suzuki job might be his. Or even a production Honda in MotoGP. Either way, as long as he continues this good form, he should get a competitive ride in MotoGP like he wants.

A bit worried about Rabat however. I think he needs a tad more consistency before people start saying he should be on the Tech 3 bike next year.

Morbidelli was good but may be disappointed he couldn't hold off Vinales. Krummenacher had a good ride also but now needs to carry on like this. Sam Lowes was disappointing as was Nakagami; Lowes needs to stop wrecking his confidence with crashes and Nakagami needs to get a move on.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fantastic stuff from Aegerter

Jeez he looked good the whole race. Oozing confidence with his set-up and ability to run such tight lines into corners. Whether he uses the rear brake or not is an entirely moot point. He may, or he may not, it could just be the way he has his slipper clutch set-up with the degree of natural engine braking from down shifts snaking the rear across the tarmac. I'm sure what he doesn't do though is initiate the braking process by stomping on the rear - that's simply lunatic behaviour.

Rabat a tad inconsistent? Someone must have been watching a different season 2014 to me.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Rabat inconsistancy

There has been a few times when Rabat has looked unconvincing to me. He's had a great season but I still think there is something missing.

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

I agree Revilo. Rabat is very good indeed - but he isn't that good. Vinales is. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I actually tend to agree with that Tom Kipp

(see what I did there AMA fans). The secret to Rabat's success is his relentless consistency but he somehow seems to miss that little spark of brilliance (perhaps a lack of reserve pace) that marks out the handful of real stars. Rabat was hardballed a few times yesterday by Morbidelli, although he eventually dealt with the young upstart.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices