Skip to content

Discuss This Sachsenring MotoGP: Marquez wins after bizarre start MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Sachsenring MotoGP: Marquez wins after bizarre start

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Sachsenring MotoGP: Marquez wins after bizarre start

Marc Marquez made it nine wins in nine races at the Sachsenring on Sunday, despite having to start the race from pit lane. 20 minutes before the race rain began to fall, meaning the majority of the field took to the grid on their wet bikes. Stefan Bradl was the only notable exception, who switched to dry tyres before the warm...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 65 days ago (13 July 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

KiddieChongming

Kiddie comments...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dear MCN

You are the only site i visit that doesn't offer a 'General Talk' thread.

Rather than every GP thread turning to s-it about 'diddly' in general, make a new thread where your audience can chat about other stuff away from bikes. We're all love bikes but equally have views on other things that affect all our lives, so let US post the 'topics' that WE want to talk about among 'friends'. You have a captive audience so keep the audience interested................................and watch the 'ad' money roll in!

Just a thought. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Good idea PC

but let's only allow wierdos, child molesters, sheep fanciers, multiposters, gender-benders or otherwise it'll spoil the whole idea. 

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

off topic..

What machine is Aoyama on?

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

Be careful Cornbollox

or I'll kick your fuckin' head in - you fuckin' faggot. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Best hurry up..

Tough guy..

Wednesday in an hour and a half..and you turn into a pumpkin..

I'd put those wellies on the right way round too.

Baaa..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

Just be careful I don't decide to bounce you on your fuckin' head Wosi .. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Anyone interested in talking M-C?

Jorge Lorenzo - 3rd, +10.317
“I’m satisfied because finally we got another podium. At the last two races I couldn’t do it for some reason. In the practice sessions I went fast on both tracks. I hoped to race in a dry race but in the last moment it started spitting so we went with wet tyres and after that we went into the pitlane for slicks. When I started the race and touched the front carbon brake it wasn’t warm enough to work, so to not touch the other riders I had to go onto the track. I let them pass again because it’s not allowed to make progress this way. The leaders were very strong at the beginning with the intermediate track. They had a gap of six, seven or eight seconds. I just needed one or two tenths to stay with them. Anyway, I had a good race and I did my best. I was very focused and riding very well. If we can gain one or two tenths on the competition we can try to win. Little by little we are coming closer. The bike improved a little with the electronics, the tyres are now working better with the bike and I am much fitter than last year. It makes me stronger, also mentally. I will be going to Spain to spend the holiday with my family and my friends and then come back to Yamaha for some more racing.”

Valentino Rossi - 4th, +19.194
“The rain was confusing today. Like in Assen we were unlucky with the weather. It rained just after the beginning of the race, but later the track started to dry. We had everybody starting from the pit so it was very difficult and also very dangerous. I was in a quite good position, but I didn’t have enough pace to fight for the podium. I knew that it would be very difficult to beat our rivals here. I hoped to stay with Jorge but today he was faster than us and I arrived fourth. I’m quite happy about the first half of the season. I already got five podiums and four second places. I’m sad that I was not able to win, but I am quite fast and competitive. We have to continue like this and try to beat Marquez.”

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director
“Another unpredictable race with changing conditions! Jorge proved today that Assen is in the past and his mind is again focused on the podium. He rode a great race. It looks like our competitors were able to get a rhythm earlier than us making it difficult to close the gap on Marquez and Pedrosa. Starting from the pit lane with so many riders wasn't the safest option but it was the only way possible. Valentino was missing a little of the pace he had in morning warm up, but rode well in the changing conditions to complete the top four factory bikes. After nine races, and the last two very complicated ones, we’re all looking forward to a short break before being ready in action again in Indianapolis in a few weeks time.”
yamaha-racing.com

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

... I see Crutchlow went under the knife yesterday for 'arm-pump' operations to both arms, so toilet-time should be interesting and deeply unpleasant. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices