Skip to content

General Just completed CBT, What next?! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Just completed CBT, What next?!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Suelo

Jul 14

Suelo says:

Just completed CBT, What next?!

I'm a 25 year old girl, I've just completed my CBT what should I do next? I've looked around at bikes but they all seem awfully expensive for 125's...

Should I get a 125 and gain some experience or just suck it up and do my DAC?

I'm not overly confident but I can drive so once I get used to the bike handling at least my road sense is there...

Advice? Thanks :)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 39 days ago (13 July 2014 16:32)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Celebrate........

By getting.....absolutely wrecked....then go do yer DAS and buy an MT07 ......:smile Well done btw........oh and do you like older men ? :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

bikes after CBT

get a ybr125.. ride for 1-2 year, then take restricted bike test on that bike, so you're absolutely sure you can pass mod one on it... then pass that, get restricted 500-600cc sports touer... then get restrictor removed after 2 yr and upgrade.  or pay quite a lot of money to train on schools own 500+cc bike and do DAS.  Is two different options. each equally valid choice.  but to pass mod one you have to be pretty good with the bike you're going to do the swerve test on.  

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

Go to Gibralter

Apply for your test there, and if you can ride 100 yards in a straight line you get a full UK valid licence.

Or t least that was the case in 1980

:shock:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Get

A loud exhaust. Keeps the nutters away. (copyright Outlook express :winkie:).

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I agree with snev.

125's do seem to cost a gret deal of money so if you want to ride a bike for the fun of it you might as well go for it right away.

If you just want a bike for everyday transport a 125 will do nicely while you decide if you want to take your test later on.

Well done on the CBT :smile

P.S snev is really, really old. but ever so nice. Try to let him down gently.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

I have kept my YBR125. But, I've also got the GSXR600. Thing is there is always a place in my garage for a bike that costs 15 a yr tax, hardly any on insurance and can go nearly 200 miles on little more than 10 quid. 

update: actually £17 a yr tax now...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"Try to let him down gently."

I am not quite as old as snev, and where I live you can borrow any twist-and-go scooter that is more than 50cc (such as my Honda Elite (aka Lead) 110), waddle around a few cones without dropping it, and then legally ride off on a ZX-14R (aka ZZR1400).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Stick

with a good quality 125 their re-sale value always holds if you look after it.

Road sense in a car is not quite the same as on a bike so I would build that up on a smaller one first.

Bike sense comes with experience and you can never have too much of that

I am a big advocate of the SV650 as first sports bike that will take you onto the next step after the 125 .

CBT to bike tests Mod 1 & 2 is a big leap as well so why not have a go and see how you feel , even if you have the licence you can still ride the 125 through the summer leaving you time in the winter to source some great deals on something bigger

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Hi Suelo

My daughter is 19yrs old, she took the CBT on her scooter then changed to a Sinnis Trackstar 125 a lovely slim well behaved bike and re took the CBT on the larger bike. 

She loves it and will travel to and from college once the new terms starts. We picked up it up for £1k and when the moped is sold all in all we will have spent about £500 for the trade up.
2 years ago the direct route was taken by my son who waited until he could ride a 125cc bike took the test on a loan bike then bought a 250 kawa. But the rules have changed since then and I have no idea what they are apart from daughter indicating she can take the test on a 400cc ride that but she would rather take it slow and steady on a 125cc.
So its up to you are you so confident that direct access id right for you or would prefer to take it slow and steady and build up your skills?    
Hope this helps,  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices