Skip to content

Discuss This Laguna WSB Race 2: Sykes wins crash-strewn dash to lead championship into summer break World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Laguna WSB Race 2: Sykes wins crash-strewn dash to lead championship into summer break

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Laguna WSB Race 2: Sykes wins crash-strewn dash to lead championship into summer break

With Chas Davies not returning to the grid - after a particularly large high-side in the earlier race saw him sent to the medical centre with concussion - the British contingent were short of one rider at a sunny Laguna Seca for race two. Tom Sykes, with a thirty-nine point lead in the championship, once again made a great start, as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 68 days ago (14 July 2014 01:05)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Revilo52

Jul 14

Revilo52 says:

Dull

WSBK isn't what it should be and until it is, myself and millions of other bike racing fans will not enjoy it. 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Revilo 52

WSB is anything but dull. It Still has close racing. good riders, alot of manafactures, a Loyal fan base, and a British world champion Who if he was in MOTOGP would have been 8th on the grid at Laguna. with his qualifying time

2 things wrong withWSB though DORNA and sky. Put it on terestrial television and it would become main stream just like MOTOGP has been. Talking of which MOTOGP will have the same problems as WSB in a couple of years when Rossi retires and only BT showing it at some big price to the punter 

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

OUCH!

I have been moderated!

Sorry Steve, didn't realise as web master you were filling in as a journo......  

Were are the reporters? They turn up and then disappear like taxi's?

Again accept my apologies?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

WSB

is great, we have a strong British showing and a current world champion, with close racing and a possibility of at least 6 or 7 race winners. It's cheap to watch through Eurosport with full race coverage of qualifying, for £2.99 a month, you can't ask for more than that, it you're a bike fan.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Chance of 6 or 7 winners?

You having a flashback to the 80's??? You may have noticed a certain Yorkshire lad romping away with the title this year, a talented little Italian nutter who wins quite a bit, a nice Irish lad who always wins a couple on the fickle Honda which then falls apart most of the season, and a fluke on a little Aussie island.

Most of WSBK has made 2010 Moto GP look nail biting explosive excitement. I have fallen asleep more times than I can remember. Until they rip the unobtainium and electronics off those things they will suck. They are like 2nd rate Moto GP machines that look like something you can buy and the riders are good.

Scoff!!!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Looks like the other thread has degenerated into it's usual humourless dross.

I love all the racing series ... Classics, BSB, WSBK and MotoGp. I judge them on their own individual merit you can't really make  a comparison.

To be fair to the WSB series there have been 5 different winners and 5 different pole-sitters out of 9 rounds ... compare that to MotoGp ... surely that can't be so bad.

Willie are you sure you mean 2010 MotoGp ?

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

willie

I don't think so, the only series guaranteed to race win predictions, plus the next three positions, is MotoGP, yet WSB taken for what it is, has 6 or 7 potential race winners, at each round. Do you sleep through BSB as well then? no primadonas in that series. 

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

rev...

boring compared to what exactly, i'm not sure what you have been watching, but it ain't WSBK!?  great racing this year and the series is still closer than it looks on paper with the two races each round and 50 pts up for grabs.

i'm not sure either though that millions of people are not watching because it's boring, a bit of a blanket statment that revi...i think you'd be lucky if millions watched in the first place, even during the foggy era!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Josh Brooks seems to think the grass is greener in WSB, not too sure it will quite pan out that way for him. Good luck to him trying though he's been great in BSB.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices