Skip to content

Discuss This Why is Cal Crutchlow struggling so much? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Why is Cal Crutchlow struggling so much?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Why is Cal Crutchlow struggling so much?

No grip, no lean angle, no confidence. That about sums up Crutchlow’s Ducati experience so far. “I’ve been scared to ride the bike because I have no idea what it is going to do from corner to corner,” he told MCN. “I’m having the same problems I’ve had for the whole season and no different to what they complained about...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 36 days ago (15 July 2014 11:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roofusruffcut

May 13

Crutchlow

He's struggling cause he's a second rate rider. Dovi always showed him the way round on Yams too.

As for his comments. Who does he think he is . He's paid handsomely by Ducati. he needs to show them some respect. If I was Gigi I'd let him go NOW.

Reply to this Topic
goodsy3

Jan 09

goodsy3 says:

Not as good as Dovi

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

I would

Boot this guy. Hell, give it to EspA he will do a better job. 

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Easy - he isn't good enough

Add that to the fact that he has more mouth than talent, I don't see why he's still employed. He got handed his ass by Dovi at Tech 3 and it's even worst now at Ducati. Even Ianonne has been better recently. 

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

ya

If he was a bit more circumspect about it and did not mouth off so often I would have  more sympathy. But he has a shocking mouth on him. 

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

... because he's a prize prick. 

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Never takes long for the vermin to creep from under the floorboards does it,Laverty got screwed at Aprillia because Biaggi was treated differently and now Frank Zappa is at Ducati and F me doing exactly the same again I bet the guy doesn't even lie straight in bed.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

winger

You're so right here we go again.  Cal has proved he can ride just look at the performances at Tech 3.  On this site vermin always show their heads when there's a little discord.  However, Cal knew the risks when he entered the Ducati fold and can only look at himself when things are not going right.

I do believe though that Cal was never a rider to get the 100% support from the Ducati hirearchy, and will be a bit-part player for the duration of his contract.

He's outspoken, but he's so frustrated we/he knows he can go faster on a different bike, so maybe he ends the contract after one year and gets back to Tech 3 where he can  be competitive again, because Smith and Espargaro are nowhere near Cal's performances on the same bike last year.

Yours Aye...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nice to see

The usual sperm shufflers are on topic, new name for Huw but the same tosser banging his thick skull on the keyboard,Anyone matching Cals results at tech3 ?,How many full outings has he had on the wonderful Ducati?, There are four decent machines in this excuse of a "world championship", doubt some on here can count to four, the same people that spout total shyte then critisize Cal for speaking his mind ,now which way is right you hypocrites ,Given the same time As Dovi has had on it and he will be at least as bad as he is,Likewise change little and test nothing and what will happen,Even the least gifted on here know the answer to that,put any one of the top four on it and they wouldnt do any better oh yeah Rossi tried that and is still getting over it,yet last year Cal did enough to justify a blue and white Yamaha but like many others out there, 4  into 22 doesnt go,until there are more bikes available if that ever happens again we wont have a true world Championship,get a decent amount of kit with a choice of tyres and oh yes the fuel to run themand we might have a series that makes sense and see how good some riders are ,cant wait to hear the drivel about how others could do better on it ,I think we have seen that havent we ,the list grows and it will soon be time the goatie genius made a difference btw

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Quite agree Stig

A World Championship that's not really a proper championship because as we all know it is biased and devoid of all that is deemed to be fair. It is the World UNFAIR Championship.

Moving on to Cal's assessment of the Ducati – everything he said looks to be exactly correct, in fact very good rider feedback. Add to this he has just had surgery on both arms and you can see many problems but you will see a better Cal later on. Dovi and Crazey Joe are doing a fair job and have improved this year, as expected. From memory Cal's bike has broke down twice, spun a rear tyre (impossible to ride) and had no front brake. Add that into the results and they are obviously not as bad as you might think if you only read results.

As for Ducati, as we know the problem is not the riders or the engineers, the 'problem' is outside of their control.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices