Skip to content

Discuss This Who says electric bikes are only for geeks? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Who says electric bikes are only for geeks?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Who says electric bikes are only for geeks?

Hot on the heels of Harley’s surprisingly-cool LiveWire, new start-up electric bike company Lito has gone into production with this stunning-looking bike called the Sora, with claims of a 119mph top speed and a combined city and highway range of around 125 miles. The bike manages to look a lot more stylish than many electric offerings, but is also packing some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 102 days ago (15 July 2014 11:05)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
foxens

May 14

foxens says:

Who's ever said that?

Never heard that before.

£40k? Can someone explain what is the point of all this?

Harley D's business model = electric -> potato -> ??? -> Profit!

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

LOL

I can stop smilling at my monitor with this silly and pointless news........

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Or

"119mph top speed or a combined city and highway range of around 125 miles."

The price is ridiculous.  Demand will drive it up, not down.  5K and then we can talk.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

Who says electric bikes are only for geeks?

non geeks

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

electric

am I the only person who knows how we make ecectricity,  80+% comes from burning carbon ! (most of the rest is nuclear ) So the only real reason to have one is to keep the cities clean,  so is it OK to polute the countryside ? Short  city work then, so why worry about the range.    or from the enviromental point of view its like saying your happy to eat meat, but you dont want to see any animals die . So have an electric scooter with a 30 miles range or ride a bike if your going further and enjoy the view !

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"£40k? Can someone explain what is the point of all this?"

They'll sell more at £40k than £5k. Anyone buying this either hasn't thought the "green" issues through or more likely doesn't care. Rich folks will buy. They'll be interested in acquiring a prestige, niche product and conversation piece. The technology is interesting, but so is steam power. At £5k they'd be trying to sell the bike as a practical vehicle, which it isn't. As I've said before, in 100 years electric vehicles will still be the novelty they are today. Dead end.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Ditto to the previous two comments

Electric vehicles are currently a bad joke and about as bad for Mother Gaia as it's possible to imagine. 

Energy and resource intensive to make, powered by burning fossil fuels, and almost instantly obselete when the newest fadmobile comes out.

That "renewable" energy and "green" vehicle are being subdisised is a massive scam of truly breathtaking proportions.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Water run!

There was a guy, I believe in Brazil, who invented an engine which could run on water! What happened to him and the project? The oil industry took care of it......

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@James600zx:

In a hundred years there won't be any petrol you or I could afford. The old cars will be started up on special days paid for corporate sponsorship. Motorcycles will be a thing of the past with petty bureaucrats having legislated them out of existence.

@Vortex1952:

You're talking about Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal, right. The guys who clain to generate 2000w from a 13w supply and who won't let anyone look at their invention, and who have been arrested by the brazilian authorities, yes?

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Titosfuneral,

No fossil-fuels, but you're forgetting about biodiesel. Check out my comments here.

Talking of water-power, I bought my sister's kids a "salt-water-powered" electric toy car recently which is marketed as, "Another great product for educating the future generation on alternative sources of energy." That's nonsense. The salt water is just the electrolyte for the magnesium plate which forms the battery. A fun toy, but people still believe the "green" hype.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices