You are in... Forums > General > General > Opinions

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Opinions

Hmm well, new neighbours next door. They constantly feel the need to dump their rubbish bags down the alley between our houses when I've asked them not to (I use it to get my bike into and from the back yard). Then last night they let their bloody kids run allover our garden then let them scream at stupid volume until midnight. Thinking I might just shove the rubbish bags up their A*** next time. What you reckon?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 63 days ago (15 July 2014 19:25)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

neighbours

a few bear traps in your garden will soon stop the kids.

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Hmm

Might go for landmines instead. I'll put some hesco bastion barriers infront of the house first though. Don't want shrapnel coming through the windows!

Reply to this Topic
outlookexcess

Sep 12

Fight fire with fire

No one's going to help you.

Many years ago I lived next door to a young couple who had their music banging through the walls well into the early hours every weekend.

I pleaded with them, to no avail.

So then what I did was placed a speaker against my bedroom wall, which adjoined theirs, gaffer taped it to the wall, and boxed it in so as to keep noise down to a minimum in my place, and played loud classical music through it at 6am, which I'd worked out was when they went to bed after their heavy nights.

Boy they didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot, but it did do the trick, eventually.

Unfortunately when you're dealing with ignorant selfish people, only responding with their mentality works.

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

:)

Well I have a few mates coming down this weekend. Think there might be a few tunes going down my surround sound. Until about 6am!

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

nah

mines make too much noise, seriously though have you tried having a polite word? if that dont work,then its either the legal route or 'educating' them.if ya know what i mean.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ahh that old chestnut

Try killing them dead........mmmmm worked for me:mad:   :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

scuffers.....

if someone is ignorant enough to do such things, as said, they are going to take your protestations as a challenge.

The council say you have to record all noise/anti-social activity for at least 4weeks before they will even investigate.....play it cool, this approach is my favourite..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Letterpigeon..

Bad news.. Kids break up for the school holidays on Friday... Sounds like your going to have a long 6 weeks ahead..  :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

well

it is antisocial behaviour so potentially the cops or council.

As for classical music - we went and played it loudly through a council estate to get revenge on the kids coming round our place and playing their.... thumping.

As for landmines, you can get training ones which use flour but you have to bury them a bit deeper than you might like. Perhaps filling a few of these with hot tar would help? And another few with feathers?

I personally enjoy the theory of "brown noise" also. Perhaps you could explore this as an alternative. I believe it was explored as a battlefield weapon as a battalion that has just all simultaneously shat itself tend to be a less effective fighting force.

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Tried

I've tried the polite word, with both the fella and woman. The bloke just basically said he works nights so nothing to do with him, and the woman doesn't speak a word of english :S I tried talking to her and she just smiled at me then spoke a load of pashtun :doubt:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices