Skip to content

General Brough Superior are back in racing. See this Bennetts-backed Moto2 bike wildcard at Silverstone MotoGP. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Brough Superior are back in racing. See this Bennetts-backed Moto2 bike wildcard at Silverstone MotoGP.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Brough Superior are back in racing. See this Bennetts-backed Moto2 bike wildcard at Silverstone MotoGP.

Embedded image permalink

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 65 days ago (16 July 2014 03:34)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

That's fine.........................

That's fine, but painting the name on the tank doesn't make it a Brough Superior!

What exactly qualifies it to wear that name?  Someone's paid for the badge?

Same with modern Triumph and Norton really, and Norton racing an Aprillia with their tank badge on doesn't really make it a triumphant return to racing for Nortons!

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

Totally

agree Shad, a bit like Triggers' brush eh?      :lol:

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Norton

Norton are currently developing their own engine. They only raced with the aprillia engine to get the project moving quicker and get the name out there.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

I know what you guys mean

but as I think Sha and maybe oldish have pointed out, it wasn't unusual for some bike factories to use other manufacturers engines(like Villiers JAP etc) in this case Moto 2 rules(which I don't agree with anymore as all manufacturers with 600 engines should be allowed in by now)only allow Honda CBR 600 engines, so the you would hope the main chassis could be  Brough Superior I hope they have all the success they deserve, more the merrier I say. And when the engine rules change, just maybe they might develop their own engine , or maybe not?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices