Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez to appear on BT Sport’s MotoGP Tonight MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez to appear on BT Sport’s MotoGP Tonight

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Marquez to appear on BT Sport’s MotoGP Tonight

Reigning world champion Marc Marquez will appear on British national television in the build-up to the British Grand Prix next month, as the nine time winner so far this year visits BT Sport for their Tuesday night show MotoGP Tonight. The headline show of their coverage since the start of the year, the show features Craig Doyle and Iwan Thomas in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 70 days ago (16 July 2014 17:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davetrousers

Aug 02

davetrousers says:

Lean Machine

WTF is that lean machine about? It seems to just be a contraption that people sit on and throw their weight from side to side and has no relevance to bike riding.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Davetrousers

I think it is the same thing that Alex Criville has developed, it is supposed to be used for bike fitness, as you can set it up to act like a real bike. You can adjust different weight settings to make it harder to lean or easier to lean. It also has a throttle that twists (and the more gas you give it in the corner the quicker the bike will want to stand up, and apparently you can even "high side" it, which i assume just means it stands up really quickly and chucks you off) and a working brake lever (that is designed to feel like you are pulling in a real brake lever under hard braking) and a clutch and shifter so you can go through the gears. It is designed to be used in the gym by proffesional riders, however the guys at BT sport don't use it like that and have turned it into a game of sorts.

Allegedly there is also interest in developing another version specifically for video games.

Reply to this Topic
daveball

Apr 04

daveball says:

Lean Machine

I agree with the other Dave. I quite like the show but the lean machine is at best a slightly embarrasing waste of time. If it could do a timed lap of a track it might be better or perhaps they should copy Top Gear even more and get them to do a lap of a track on a reasonably priced motorbike!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Who needs a computer?

No joystick required.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I still say it ... TisWas reborn. The show is for kids.  Talking about how 'cool' each other looks .. daft shoes on Iwan etc.. stupid lean machine ..DOH   I'll give it a miss thanks.

I've always been an advocate of MotoGp being a 'show' but MotoGp Tonight is a Bridge Too Far.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Same for me Saturn

For some reason i can't help but cringe when Craig and Iwan are interviewing people, i know that Craig is really into bikes but everything seems so fake. I think they have tried to make it like Top Gear and it just hasn't worked, i had high hopes for a MotoGP midweek show but i feel a bit let down with it.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Insight

Understand the personality doubts, but I have been to the show and Craig is a top guy. Very professional. He does need a backup man. Just not sure it is Ewen.

The lean machine is a bit of fun but I remember the first show and they could not get Scott Reddings weight right. As such, it flew backwards and forwards with no resistance, hence his top time.

BT will get the format right moving forward as viewing figures are dropping faster than odds on Marquez to do the year unbeaten. MotoGP really needs a "behind the scenes" media show and this is about as good as it gets. Yes it needs fine tuning but there is nothing else like it now or ever. Keep it up BT and keep getting feedback from bikers to gauge just what we want next year.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Back on terrestial tv

would be nice.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Glad you enjoyed it SundayRoast

But it doesn't work for me .. maybe it's aimed a an audience a bit 'younger' than me.   I've no doubt about Craig being a top guy and true enthusiast but the format is too Gung Ho for me.    Shame Craig has been forced into a comedy soap opera.

Same with the race coverage .. second to none in terms of quantity every practice qualifying and race lap covered. But the quality is no better than Eurosport .. just more of it.   The re-pairing of Ryder and Heuwen in spite of their previous success 20 years ago has not worked and then there's the debacle of female presenters ... why the hell do we need 'em.

I do sound anti-BT don't I ... well I am prejudiced   I object to the way in which they blackmailed the gullible fans into a PPV or you don't watch scenario and also MCN for changing the format of the 'Fantasy League' to 'aid and abet'  the BTSport protection racket..

Sorry  - rant over !!!

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

The race coverage

is good in my opinion. I like Keith and Jules together, yeah sometimes Keith gets over excited and Jules comes is annoying to some with all his facts and figures but they are both passionate about the sport and do know their stuff. You have Gavin Emmett who was a load of contacts in pit lane and is a familiar face to the riders, which lets him find things out that perhaps would go unmentioned if they had another presenter doing that job. The only weak link at the minute is Hodgy, he seems to be star struck all the time by the riders and he only ever seems to talk to the british guys. Don't get me wrong i like that he is taking the time to speak to Laverty, Kent, Redding and all the other British guys it is great, but just once in awhile i would like to hear from Pedrosa, or Lorenzo, Rossi and Marquez, the guys that we are focused on for 90% of the actual race. I think Hodgy will get better though, he certainly has the right credentials just needs some more time to adjust to the role i think!

Been very pleased overall with the race coverage.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices