Skip to content

Discuss This Crutchlow to remain with Ducati for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Crutchlow to remain with Ducati for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Crutchlow to remain with Ducati for 2015

Cal Crutchlow has confounded paddock speculation by confirming in a special event at World Ducati Week in Misano that he will take the option in his contract to remain with the Bologna team for the 2015 MotoGP season. Struggling with the Ducati package since making the move from Tech3 Yamaha, he has been the victim of numerous mechanical and electrical...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 96 days ago (19 July 2014 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

can he haul himself

up to a poxy 8th like his nancyboy team mate???

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

The short answer is ...

... 'no'. 

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

throw the frame away and go back to a flexing tubed frame, even if you have to pressurise it with water !! the current bike sucks, but at least it looks like the other bikes this year and not an ugly duckling like before. the next job is to fix the engine, i think you'd be better stopping the front end from folding.   

Reply to this Topic
mirloXXbob

Mar 14

mirloXXbob says:

carloslavado

is right that Iannone is the most underrated rider in MotoGP right now. I think he'd beat Dovi consistently on the same bike. It would be great to see him on a Honda or Yamaha. He'd go out and try to beat the aliens even though he's not supposed to be able to, simply because he doesn't know any better.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

I'd of quite liked Ianonne to get a works ride this year and I'd also have like to see the rumours of a Crutchlow LCR ride to come off. Obviously CC has decided to stick based on the promises of improvements from Ducati that I hope will finally happen. If Ducati had been unhappy with him they'd have quietly given him a payoff to take the option and leave.

Dovi and Crutchlow as a pairing pushed each other at tech3 there is no reason to doubt the will again at Ducati. As some have mentioned Dovi's first year on the Duc was horrible as is the same with Crutchlow. We can only hope that CC gets his head around the Duc in the second part of the season and is racing against his teamate more reguarly. CC and AD are good riders but Ducati will have to put something special under them if they want another championship as neither are on the level of MM or the Aliens.

Once again the Silly season has turned out to be middle of the road and constrained which is, once again, dissapionting what the premier class needed was a shake up. Ianonne probably has more chance of fighting with the top boys than either AD or CC but given the stagnation within the facory teams we will likely never see his true potential. We can only hope to see braver decisions by the satellite teams of Gresini, LCR, and Tech3 for the coming season than the factory outfits have made as in my opinion we have too many seat warmers currently on podium quality bikes.

As for CC as I said before dissapointing but understandable decision and if Ducati wanted him off the ride they'd have bought him out. It does beg the question though, with his contract still out of step with the other top riders in motogp what are his choices next year when it expires? At least an LCR, Suzuki or Aprillia (If the rumour is true) ride would have given him another two years and put him back on the market at the same time as all the other factories. Ho Hum- CC seems to make his own decisions and I'm sure they make sense to him

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

I don't think it's that simple

None of us mere plebs know the full details of Crutchlows contact.  If rumours are true his contact is to ride a Ducati and they can choose which bike that is ie Factory team or Pramac satellite bike. It already looks like he isn't wanted.  They're giving new bits to Dovi and Ianone but not to CC.  Maybe they were hoping he'd take the hint.  He's most likely on about ten times the salary of Crazy Joe and Yonny and hasn't earned it so far.  Younger riders like Pol and Redding are proving that they can be up to speed in half a season so CC can't use the needing a year to get to grips excuse.  At the top level that motogp is he simply isn't good enough.  Sadly Bradley and Stephan also seem to have reached their ceiling.  

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Where else was he going?

Very limited operating band this lad. I thought he had much more to offer but until we see another pommy passport rider with the slightest glimmer of hope, it is what it is.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Silver Spooning Jack..

Crutchlow had history with Yamaha - delivering a WSS title and WSB wins - before effectively replacing another Brit, a double WSB champ, at Tech 3 on a contract with Herve.

Sure..it helped that the BBC had a TV rights deal, but Cal has not stopped being a good rider or deserving of a place because he's had a bad few races on a fkin Ducati..that some thick Aussie developed into skip fodder.

WTF has Miller done to deserve an HRC deal, straight onto on the best bike, dodging Moto2..?

I'll tell ya..Sweet FA.

Seems Jack the Lad is Uncle Carmelo's new blue-eyed boy..and has friends in high places.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Rainmaker if its true that Suzuki were prepared to match Ducati's wages for Crutchlow then I'd say save the money Suzuki and put it towards a new Superbike. Their current machne even looks as old school as it is. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

This is GP Wosi, not fkn World Supersport!

Now, whether Crutchlow deserves the spot or not, the way you clowns treat riders from your own country, it's the pommy public that don't deserve the opportunity.

Jack Miller? Apart from being a bloody exciting and clearly talented rider, he's got you and all your sad pommy buddies champing at the bit every 15 seconds to type some Aussie hating diatribe, something you'd much rather do than support your own riders. Sad, sad little men.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices