Skip to content

Ask an Expert Limiting Ducati to A2 standard Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Limiting Ducati to A2 standard

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jasperdicker

Jul 14

jasperdicker says:

Limiting Ducati to A2 standard

Hi Guys, I am currently planning out taking my A2 bike test and of course am looking to buy a bike after. I have my heart set on a Ducati monster and to be honest have little interest in anything else on the market. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me whether it would be possible to have it limited so that I could run it on my A2 license. This would mean that as i progress through my tests i could have it de-restricted rather than upgrading bikes. 

Some advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 73 days ago (21 July 2014 12:21)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Meatbingo

Jun 12

Meatbingo says:

Hi jasperdicker

The 600M is easily restricted with washers on the carb rubbers or with a throttle stop device. It only puts out 45-50bhp when new so it may be worth getting a used bike checked to see if it actually exceeds the 46bhp restriction.

Reply to this Topic
jasperdicker

Jul 14

jasperdicker says:

Limiting Ducati to A2 standard

Yes, it looks like the 696 monster is only 43hp out of the box anyway so it would be very possible! where would you recommend that i have it restricted? i.e. at a ducati dealership or just any garage? Thank you for your help by the way! 

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

restriction

If a bike is only producing 43bhp, then it doesn't need restricting, does it.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices