Skip to content

General looking for a surprise gift.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > looking for a surprise gift....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

looking for a surprise gift....

for a not so loved one?....how about a box of 'wtf''?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 125 days ago (23 July 2014 20:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Oldish

that reminds me my mate had the k, k4 I think looked about the same as the G5, one day the wazz-eck put a rear indicators back on the bike the wrong way around so when following him all the way to southport the rear indicator would flash on the back of his leg. I nearly wet myself on that 40 mile journey. Brill bike for a four stroke twin but did the top end rattle cor you could hear it coming down the street  

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

oldish

had 1 as a boy for the woods nobbled up fab bike never ever got a service swaped it for an air rifle :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

oldish

had 1 as a boy for the woods nobbled up fab bike never ever got a service swaped it for an air rifle :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Worst bike I ever owned.......

Honda G5 (and the CJ 250 version) was the worst bike I ever owned. Camshaft ran directly in the soft alloy of the cylinder head and oil feed was up very small galleries, so top end got oil starved and the cam ate it's way down into the head.

Damned shame really, the forerunner (the K1 to K4 models) was a great bike and went forever.

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I Had a

Wet Dream Once............:shock:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Know what you mean Shad

The CD 175 and a few others back then where the same, used to bore them out and fit a phosphor bronze bush with a oil way cut into it, the problem often showed itself if these bikes had been laid up for some time with dirty oil left in, then on start up months later, the pick up in the sump would pump the concentrated dirt up and block the pin hole feed to the end of the cam, game over .Something to think about Olish if you purchase it (only has a centrifugal or rotary oil filter and mesh filter at the bottom of the oil pump pick up). 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

funnily enough...

the G5 exhaust note is the only bike sound I can remember without even trying.:smile

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it's up to....

an hundred quid already and still five and a half days to go......it's not seized and still turns over,but some parts are missing.....I wonder if it's the pistons?:biggrin:...there's a new exhaust gasket in the box of wtf!.....must have bought a pair but could only afford the left hand pipe and silencer.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

kcmc....

I know I'm a bit mad sometimes but I'm not totally crazy.If you are going to buy an old bike to do up,you need to get something that had a bit of pizzaz when new to make it worthwhile.......the G5  would be like going into a classic bike  showroom and riding out on an Enfield bullet.:smile

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Well

I would have to say I would rather own and ride the G5 than a modern Enfield Bullet, G5 much smother, lighter, more comfortable, about the same BHP and about thirty years further on in technology, and quite pleasant to ride(from memory) :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices