Skip to content

Discuss This Has Cal Crutchlow made the right decision to stay at Ducati? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Has Cal Crutchlow made the right decision to stay at Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Has Cal Crutchlow made the right decision to stay at Ducati?

Has Cal Crutchlow made the right decision to stay at Ducati?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 60 days ago (24 July 2014 12:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Aug 02

1100970 says:

lovely lolly

Money make the world go around, what other option did he have a factory ride with a mega purse or a budget hit team with second rate gear.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Is he staying..?

Apparently..Cal still has until Thusday to make his mind up about continuing next year with Ducati, and a last-minute change of heart is NOT being ruled out by the respected Speedweek.

Crutchlow on a Honda at LCR could yet be an option..

Love to see him on a works RCV..I reckon he'd do well.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Cal on an "onda" yer avin a laugh

I somehow doubt that Honda would have Cal anywhere near one of their bikes, it could impact badly on their reputation.

He has an option to stay at Ducati, I suspect thats ALL he has ! 

It will be interesting to see how Ducati react when he says to the press that he is officially staying. I hope both of them can then sort themselves out and move forward for the rest of 2014 and into 2015.

Cal should take a leaf out of Michael Schumacher's book on how to work with Italians and win a Wolrd chamionship. Stoner did it, Hayden did it,  good old Paul Smart even won for them. I really hope Cal can do it also.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Who knows? Wages over results? It’s a tricky one.
His bank manager thinks it’s a good decision because he’s earning more there than he would likely be offered anywhere else I reckon.
His opportunity to be a regular podium finisher dropped off (maybe forever?) when he left Tech3.
The horse has bolted now as far as getting adulation for ‘doing a Stoner’ win a dry race on the Desmo. Probably the last time someone realistically had the chance was Vale, and he couldn’t do it in comparable spec. As time has gone by these past few seasons everything within Ducati has changed; different owners, different designers and engineers, different test riders, new rules and regs for open class, new soft tyre, revised fuel limits.
This bike will be better than the Suzuki (for a while at least) which was realistically maybe his other option. And he will have some inside information about what Gigi has in mind for the all new Ducati.
I reckon he's made the best choice for him at this time.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Wrong planet

Onthemoney which planet are u living on, cal publicly announced a few a hours after dovi

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Wrong planet

Onthemoney which planet are u living on, cal publicly announced a few a hours after dovi

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Wrong planet

Yes, I appreciate what you are saying ow0, and I agree that it was "announced'  a few minutes/hours after Dovi, but, he has until tomorrow(sic)  to change his mind! I believe. We wait and see, you know how fickle this business may be at times ;-)  and lets face it, you cannot believe a word anyone says these days, its all supposition on here of course, what the F**k do we know LOL its all a bt of fun guessing really, if anyone takes these pages seriously then they are indeed or should be on another planet

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Wrong planet

ow0 what was that comment again ? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN