Skip to content

Ask an Expert Help me understand license!! New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Help me understand license!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Ayrwane

Jul 14

Ayrwane says:

Help me understand license!!

I had a CBT license a few years back  2009 and ridden for almost 2 years untill my scooter got stolen.  and now I want to get back at riding. 

I read about license which looks like it changed and I'm confuse with the A1, A2 and so on. ( I don't have a driving license and I'm 30)

so here is my questions:
A) To ride a 125cc do i need to do another CBT or just pay to have it reknew? and do DVLA keep record of CBT?

B) A2 license: If I understand it correctly you need to be over 24, have CBT and Pass the bike theory license. After 2 years of that license you can apply for a full bike license without doing another test?

C) if I have a driving license   I can ride any bike under 125 with CBT and any 3 wheeler (MP3 or TRicity) and if I pass the theory I can apply for full bike license without passing any test and ride any cc?

I know the simple way would be to do a full bike license but because of the cost I rather do my driving  then I don't mind ride for 2 years a 125cc if after I get to ride any cc

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 99 days ago (25 July 2014 12:26)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

L-rider

Try (New Rider Info) top right. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN