You are in... Forums > General > General > Police on the doorstep

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Police on the doorstep

Just had a copper on my doorstep to tell me that the guy who nicked my scooter a year ago is in jail on remand, has admitted to it and is due in court.

Nice.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 51 days ago (31 July 2014 19:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

yeah

I had one phone me to say they got the guy who broke into my car and stole £300 worth of equipment. I asked if I can expect anything back "No" came the reply. So this guy profited from stealing my stuff and I get nothing back.

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

:/

Unfortunately thats generally the way it goes. Most the people who do it have no job, and therefore the courts won't force them to make repayments, or if they do, one pound a bloody month or something daft.

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

yeah

they treat prison as an occupational hazard and take it in their stride. sad really

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I'm

not expecting any compensation for the lost £150 but at least he's very likely going to prison - they wouldn't have him on remand otherwise. The cops did their bit - they got the bike back and they caught the guy and they pressed charges. Where they went above and beyond is letting me know he'd be caught and that he was likely going to prison for it.

Whether I've been on the receiving end (stopped for a routine check or just to warn me that my riding was a little too aggressive) or needed their help I've always found the cops to be reasonable, pleasant and professional. I know other people have other stories but that's just my experience.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"I've always found the cops to be reasonable"

Here in the Colonies they used to psychologically screen police applicants to keep out bad apples.  Now they psychologically screen applicants to hire more bad apples, then train them to oppress citizens who do not support the bankster order.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

colonies?

you never mentioned you lived in the colonies piglet?:winkie:
I'm with Phil, always found plod to be very helpful. I did however know someone who took a kicking in the back of the 'meat wagon', but he deserved it. Just wish I got an invite :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

courts , courts , courts .....

loada bollocks ...waste of time ..... wrap a fuckin towel round there heads and parachute em into the Gaza strip ,,,, with a  " i think Israeli's are wank " T " shirt on ..... fuck em .... fuck em all i say ...........

### footnote ### i fully support Israel ( though i do admit they have overstepped the mark on a few occations ) fuck em .... well ( " some of em " )....fuck some of em i say ....

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

STS

the sooner the better. LOL 

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

bitta luck

they will blow each other to bits