Skip to content

HARLEY-DAVIDSON Harley-Davidson reveals new Road Glide ROAD GLIDE

You are in... Forums > HARLEY-DAVIDSON > ROAD GLIDE > Harley-Davidson reveals new Road Glide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Harley-Davidson reveals new Road Glide

Three weeks after MCN scooped spy shots of the 2015 Harley-Davidson Road Glide shooting a new brochure then official images have been released by the firm. The new Road Glide is the latest model to emerge from the Project Rushmore overhaul which has already seen the Ultra Classic and Electra Glide launched this time last year. Rushmore saw Harley accepting it had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 51 days ago (01 August 2014 16:54)

Post a message in ROAD GLIDE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

Ugly as sin

Looks like someone ditched the CAD and used an etch a sketch for the fairing. The wheels look like a throwback to the 70's, the price will probably be eye watering and wil be about as modern as a quill and parchment. They have got to be having a laugh!

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

Sorry guy's in the US, but Harley's are not my thing, I have been to the US many times over the past 20 years and I still cant get used to the damn ugly things, to me there a status symble to the Harley guy's promoted by the movies giving them a bad immage to the rest of the world, my son-in-law has one and he loves it, because that's his bag and not mine, I'm an old English dog who likes my bikes to go fast when I need them to, I may be 74 but even so old I like my speed and you cant get that with Harley, there also ugly and looking at that so called "new" bike, proves to me that we across the pond are totaly differnt from you guy's when it comes to good looking bikes, Oh yes and our's a lighter, if you drop one you can pick it up but a Harley needs a mobile crane to pick it up there so darn heavy, sorry just my oppinion guy's.

Reply to this Topic
Biter

May 12

Biter says:

I am not into full dresser bikes, be that BMW, Honda or Harley Davidson. But if I was going to get that type of bike it would be a Harley Davidson.

Having come from a line of sports bikes, the last being a GSXR1000, Harley Davidson bikes have been a revelation.

They spark conversation whenever you stop, parents bring there kids over to have a look. Fellow motorcyclist come and chat with you rather than just nod while passing. I have lost count of the amount of times I have had people come and say "That is a real bike"  clearly the general public have a different perception of what is a nice bike to many Harley haters on the forum. 

On the riding front my current wide glide is great to ride! Sure it is not super bike fast, but it smokes past traffic no problem at all. And can even run down the strip under 13 seconds, faster than the latest Subari STi. Fast enough! 

Roundabouts are the biggest weakness in its armoury due to low pegs, but on the long flowing country A roads it will blast along around 90-100, and you will be working hard at that speed. I have gone past a fare few trains of Sportsbikes out for Sunday rides around Leicestershire/Northamptonshire. Not sure why they need R1's and Fireblades at those speeds.

Each to there own. But you should not knock something until you have tried it IMO. I went for a test ride and signed on the dotted line on returning the bike, it was that much more of an occasion than being on a Sportsbike and I truly enjoy the ride. Enjoying the ride is what it is all about and the sad truth is I only ever enjoyed the Superbikes on the track.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Looking at that front reminds me of working in a machine shop as a lad , we had a "wash bin" to clean dirty old knackered parts up in,  building one into the front fairing of a motorcycle could be concidered very useful,  or a bit pessimistic depending on how you look at it.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Whens the recall

Reply to this Topic
IronAss

Apr 14

IronAss says:

This bike

Is about as appealing as a fresh steaming horse turd!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices