Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

Lucio Cecchinello’s LCR Honda squad have confirmed that Brit Cal Crutchlow will replace Stefan Bradl for 2015, closing the circle of speculation opened this afternoon when Ducati announced the 29 year old would not be remaining with the Italian team for next season, contrary to what was announced last month. Crutchlow, who had initially confirmed that he would remain at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 83 days ago (02 August 2014 19:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Nah..

time for Bradl to move on..one podium in two-and-half-seasons on a works RCV ?

Ze Germans are desperate to have a front runner and Carmelo wants the Sachsenring full..that's why Folgers name has been bandied around lately. Jonas Folger..?..hahaha

Same thing regards Miller for Australia - who may yet be Cals understudy at LCR and which brings us to my point..

Checchinello has struggled to secure a Title sponsor and only ever run a one bike squad. His business acumen and creative approach to funding has won many admirers, but it's been a constant struggle.

Lucio signing Cal has persuaded new title sponsor CWM to commit, enabling LCR to run a 2 rider team for the first time.

Not only has Crutchlows move given the team a more secure financial outlook by helping introduce a much needed new sponsor to MotoGP and put a new bike on the grid..it will give them a far greater chance of sporting success too..which may in turn encourage further sponsorship. 

We talk about Pedrosa getting lucky with Repsol, but at least he has always won races and been a constant threat.

Bradl has 43 starts, 1 pole, 1 podium..at an average of 8pts per race.

The only other contender was Bautista - who's had his chance at Honda - and they'd probably have stayed a one bike outfit..struggling..?

This move makes sense on many different levels..you'll always get the knockers and glass half empty merchants. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

It's like 2011/12 never happened for Flossi.

Miller Crutchlow's understudy? Jesus fkn wept!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Folger

I'd like to see how fast Folger is on a MotoGP bike I reckon he'd do well

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

hahahaha

Miller Crutchlow's understudy? Jesus fkn wept!

+1

and

jonas folger will be a serious contender when he gets to moto gp

wosihound for the amount you write why is most of it utter garbage?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal v Stefan

Surely its been shown that Cal is faster than Stefan bradl , this year and certainly last year?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

He's only ever ridden a slightly more powerful version of your Grans Puch Maxi, Bob..?

You predicting he'll beat Crutchlow..?

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

ignoramus

with practice he will stuff him no question.
crutchlow will be out after next year. hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

It's Miller Time

Looks like Miller will ride a production Honda for LCR along side Cal. Get onto Bet-Fred now to put a bet on Miller at some point to destroy Cal

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I actually agree with you on most of that Wosi

You must admit Crutchlow has been fortunate to have the miracle escape route to a works RCV open up for him in the manner it has though.

Each time I've been to the Sachsenring it's been chocka block full. No worries about bums on seats there. The Saxon's are nuts for it - maddest campground I've ever attended too.

Folger looks made for MotoGP to me. Pity he's contractually sewn up in Moto2 for 2015.

Back to Smith though. Has anyone seen a more crash happy rider? Surely Herve will want to be rid of him?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Who's to say Stefan doesn't stay with Lucio

and ride the proddie racer? Chances are the funked up version will be better than the Forward machine.  It appears there is an extra Honda available now with the LCR two rider team. Miller for the Gresini proddie ride now that Redding is certain to step up to the works machine?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices