Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

Lucio Cecchinello’s LCR Honda squad have confirmed that Brit Cal Crutchlow will replace Stefan Bradl for 2015, closing the circle of speculation opened this afternoon when Ducati announced the 29 year old would not be remaining with the Italian team for next season, contrary to what was announced last month. Crutchlow, who had initially confirmed that he would remain at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 48 days ago (02 August 2014 19:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Sounds like Stefan's nose is a little out of joint

Reading the interview in Speedweek, he isn't very happy with the way HRC have treated him recently, and although nothing's signed with Forward, it looks like that's his preference.

I think he should go with Forward Yamaha, and hope he does well with them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Huw Mills kipper

You speak of a balanced unbias view ?, are you totally oblivious to your maniacal one topic obsession and your sole membership of the I love Dovi fan club!,maybe thinking your a chicken is all part of your illness ,or is it because all you do all day is scratch about pecking at scraps of News about Cal to try and convince yourself your view is right,devoid of any ability to be rational and add any value to the planet ,i have flushed more intelligent things down the toilet, Huw Mills come on down, face up to it your a f**cking idiot !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What about Bradley though?

If the axe has fallen - quite justifably on Stefan's head (albeit with the extra bitter whiff of Crutchlow to it) then surely Smith deserves the same fate, if not more so. Who's got the stomach (let alone the budget) for such a crash happy under performing rider?

It was obvious from his Moto2 results Brad would be in over his head at MotoGP, and so it has proven to be. The occasional one lap is not a full race. 'They' say he's 'cerebral' But how many knocks to the head does it take to learn the limit? You can see from the violence of some of his crashes / big moments he's doing something fundamentally wrong. I suspect there's an over reliance on the rear brake at the root of his errors.

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Bradl where next?

Where else could he go? Lots more going on in the real MotoGP world than us mere mortals are aware of in our virtual MotoGP environment.

This weekend should be interesting for the gossip, most deals are done I would think, possibly, maybe, who knows?

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

What you thinking Nostro?

Ditch Bradley for Stefan at Tech3?

I'd go with that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

On balance so would I Judas

But Herve seems to want young - I mean really young. A stage of life for him, a strange French perversion, or a Yamaha directive? Pickings are slim.

One mediorce sixth at Indy might be good enough for almost young enough Smith. But Can Smith get it to the finish line unscathed during the entire weekend? That seems doubtful.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

Nostro

Bradley has indeed had a shocker of a season, for sure he'll not be there next season, now who to take his place, do they go the normal MOTO2 route or take a chance on a young loonie from MOTO3.

Pol seems to have settled well on the Yamaha so he can easily lead the team next year. 

Bradl definately isn't the answer, he's had plenty of time on a Honda to show some real speed, Crutchlow has to deliver next year or his MOTOGP career will be over. 

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Tech 3 outsider

Dare I say Johann Zarco :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I had some expectations of Bradl given his moto 2 form

but he hasn't delivered, assuming the "factory" LCR Honda is as close to factory spec as it is purported to be, which is not necessarily a given. Even his podium result was gained partly by punting Hayden off the track iirc.

I guess he may have an in to a Pramac ride, not that this is very desirable at present.

I would obviously not be averse to there being a contending Australian rider in the premier class , and Miller does look promising and imo seems to ride like a premier class rider in moto 3 . I didn't even see an LCR "factory spec" ride next year as particularly likely to advance his cause though, and  consider a production Honda ride to be even less likely to do so.

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

Crutchlow's been lucky indeed bagging an RCV, right place at the right time it seems. Given his experience on the technology, a place at Forward probably would have been more appropriate. Fair play to him though, when the stars align he's a competitive racer and better than Bradl on near equal tech. Still not a fan of his attitude but I doubt he's too bothered by that. 

Bradl to Tech3? No. He's had a fair shot at the gold ring, let's see if he's got some fire in him and can prove himself on inferior equipment. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices