Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

LCR Honda confirms Crutchlow for 2015

Lucio Cecchinello’s LCR Honda squad have confirmed that Brit Cal Crutchlow will replace Stefan Bradl for 2015, closing the circle of speculation opened this afternoon when Ducati announced the 29 year old would not be remaining with the Italian team for next season, contrary to what was announced last month. Crutchlow, who had initially confirmed that he would remain at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 53 days ago (02 August 2014 19:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
l8apex

Nov 13

l8apex says:

And that is two years away.  If Ducati continues to flounder in the abyss that they have been stuck in do you really believe Lorenzo would go?  The first thing Ducati needs to accomplish is make a competitive bike, and frankly they haven't had one in six years plus years.  If you want to believe rumors that is your perogative, I won't believe anything until I see a signed contract.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I'm in great mood tonight because the other day I entered a competition and I won a years supply of Marmite......... one jar.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

saturn

priceles!!! and what the hell is Marmite

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hi 73mach3

I don't think Marmite is popular in the USA.

have a look at this link

http://foodreference.about.com/od/traditional_foods/a/Marmite.htm

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hmmm. Yes and no I8apex

I think it's fair to say the Ducati has been the most difficult motorcycle to extract the best from over the past eight years. But you confuse competitiveness with rideability.

Stoner was a bit of a bolt from the blue in 2007 with the obvious advantage of being on Bridgestone's whilst Yamaha and Honda ran Michelin's. 2008 showed up the pitfalls of the flexi tubular steel chassis but Stoner still won his fair share. Stoner was happy on the GP9 CF chassis; sickness ruined that season. 2010 the first year of the hard 'n' 'stones, which seemed to suit the Ducati less than the other marques. Stoner became frustrated with Ducati's lack of progress but also said when they got the narrow set-up window right the GP10 was a good machine.

Now given Stoner was barely faster than himself in 2011 on the RCV over 2010 on the GP10 in like on like comparable conditions one would suggest the 'Pramac' machine was still a competitive motorcycle - as all previous 800cc incarnations had also been. Competitive doesn't mean easy, and yeah Stoner was the only rider to win on the thing. But so was the Terrapin at Yamaha until Lorenzo rocked up, and so was Dani at HRC.

Look at Nicky Hayden as a bit of a control. Mediocre on both 800cc machines - RCV and D16.

The D16's are difficult and it took someone of Stoner's genius to extract the final performance percentage no other rider has been able to achieve. Is that Ducati's fault? The very best magnify the shortcomings of others and the easy target is always the machine. Since Stoner left they haven't had a top shelf rider capable of pushing the thing to it's limits. No doubt they also lost direction with the Rossi concocted plan to try and turn the thing into a M1 (contrary to what he initially said about him having to adapt to it - ha, ha.) of which they're still trying to find their way out from the mire of.

Given his woes with a couple of relatively minor spec changes in 2014 I doubt Lorenzo is the man for the present bike at least. But does anybody believe Marquez couldn't win on the GP14? I say the bike is capable.

Cal's problem was (as always) his mouth. He knew the thing would be difficult but pumped himself up as as hard man willing to do the hard yards. Just as with Rossi before him he appeared to have been defeated by the motorcycle almost at his very first test of it. Contrary to his proclaimed British Bulldog spirit, he quit - very early in the piece too. And all the while second (third really given Marquez is a class of one) tier rider Dovi has run rings around him. Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Marmite is.......

...........'mana from heaven'. End of.

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

POK, POK, POK ...

... has he offered MCN (and it's readers) a refund after telling blatant lies? 

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

thanks saturn

Justus Leibig, discovered that when brewer’s yeast was concentrated, it formed a vegetarian paste that closely resembled meat extract. lol sounds like spam. im off too the health food store right now

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Don't do it 73

It's pure concentrated evil.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

You may be right Nostro..

..in the hands of the right guy, maybe the Ducati is capable. But, only a fool would follow the principle of having a machine with a window of use so narrow, only a rider in a generation can make the most of it..

It's been shown that the problem is fundamentally with the bike..you ask if because only Stoner could extract the necessary performance percentage that's Ducati's fault!..

..you're a bright lad, but that's a dozy question to pose..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices