Skip to content

General Best scooter for tall guy? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Best scooter for tall guy?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mazza88

Aug 14

Mazza88 says:

Best scooter for tall guy?

Hi all

I am 6'6 and I'm just wondering what the best 125cc scooter is for someone my size?

I have had a play around on my dad's 125cc motorbike, that's a big bike seeing as my dad is 6'5 but also had a go on my friends scooter, and have to say I much prefer scooters

Budget wise is about £3000

Thanks in advance

Chris

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 107 days ago (09 August 2014 19:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Um, maybe go to

a couple of dealers and sit on them?  You either want one that has enough leg room that you can stretch out with your feet on the floorboards, or one that allows you to put your feet under you on the sides similar to a motorcycle riding position (e.g. Honda Lead 110).

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Scooter for a tall person

Chris the Italians have usually made the Scooters with the tallest seats . But seat height is not the only criterion , you need to have sufficient space for your knees between the seat and the handlebars , as they need to turn lock to lock without being snagged by your knees . I think that most machines to suit you will have larger diameter wheels which gives a longer wheel base .

You will be looking at a seat height of at least 800mm to 840mm . As suggested you will have to try them for size .
To get you started Google the machines I have listed below and then try and find a Dealer that stocks them .
Aprilia Sport City Cube 125 £2820
Aprilia SR Motard 125 £2271
Gilera Runner ST 125 £3271
Piaggio Fly 125 £2371
Honda SH 125 £3099
Kymco City 125 £1799
Kymco People One 125i £2199
Sym HD2 £2699

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Although not a 125cc class

scooter, this is what you want to avoid.  You (or I) would need a custom seat to ride this comfortably.

http://www.justgottascoot.com/images/Downtown300Seat.jpg

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Just

be sure you definitely prefer scooters. They are certainly more user friendly but bikes are more fun in the long run.

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Scooter for a tall person

Just done some checking on the list of machines I gave you . The Aprilia Sport Cube is no longer listed on their site , pity as the seat height was 815 mm . The Sym HD 2 seems to have bitten the dust as well . The Kymco City has a seat height of 840 mm , obviously not designed for women or short asses . The Gilera Runner looks good if you could stretch your finances a bit , 815 mm seat height with the design of front legshield shaped in a forward direction which should accomodate long legs . The Honda PCX has a similar design , is the best selling 125 and the most economical with good carrying capacity under the seat . It is a very good price at £2600 and the present model is the latest incarnation ie No 3 and the seat bump has been eliminated so that taller people can slide back on it . Look at this one first , you might have a surprise . If it fits , it would be the pick of the bunch , after all it is a Honda . They trump all the other Manufacturers in my opinion .

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it's very rare....

that you see a scooter with older than a year 2010 plate,unless it's one of them 'smoking' classics.....as paul Calf would say 'bags'o s****'....if you must have a 125 the Honda Varadero is the only way to go.:smile

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Seat height by itself

is meaningless to fit - there are motos with tall seats by little leg room (e.g. race replicas) and low seats with a lot of leg room (e.g. cruisers with forward controls).

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Older Scoots

I must be the exception then oldish , my Suzuki is 32 years old and my Aprilia is nearly 12 years old . Both have immaculate bodywork and original exhausts . I must be doing something right , as I`ve had both since new .

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

yes Roger....

you must be exceptional.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN