Skip to content

Discuss This Indianapolis MotoGP: Marquez makes it ten in a row MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Indianapolis MotoGP: Marquez makes it ten in a row

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Indianapolis MotoGP: Marquez makes it ten in a row

Marc Marquez has become the first rider to win 10 races in a row since Mick Doohan in 1997 after taking victory at Indianapolis today. Marquez didn't have it all his own way, the pole sitter was beaten to the first corner by Andrea Dovizioso and Valentino Rossi among others and had to wait for his chance to take the lead. An...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 37 days ago (10 August 2014 20:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Moto GP.com - Dorna's corporate mouthpiece..

..typical Benny would point you in that direction, just more MOR mediocrity. Their favourite rider no doubt being Andy D..You'll never hear a bad word spoken about the corporation on that site..

If you want a little edge, it's got to be BT.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The point Judas is

what is the point? The open class tyre allocation impacts on more than just Ducati. There's certainly been occasions this year that some of the other open teams would've preferred a harder rear tyre option as a race tyre.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

You're in over your head Judas

Honda complained about Ducati permanently staying in the open class whatever results they would've achieved, that's why they created the F2 class and the reduced concession depending on their podiums. It has absolutely nothing to do with the tyre rule. Pay attention for lord's sake.

... And Still waiting to see a fair explaination as to what this rule brings to the table.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

MotoGP video pass

definitely a lot of coverage there and a lot of videos and interviews you cannot get elsewhere, but having that isn't supporting British GP it is supporting Dorna. If viewing figures go up on BT Sport we may possibly (and this is a long shot) see a BT Sport sponsored team, yes i know i know it is a long shot but we definitely won't be seeing any return for British GP racers if everyone gets a motogp.com video pass.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Sorry CHR

got to disagree about BT - can't be asked to repeat what I've said on the subject before ....... but  It's not about quality it's about methodology ....... I agree with AlexDaBomb ...... BT = Pirates.

Here are the latest UK Ratings:  BSB is now more popular than MotoGp

BSB: 110k/0.9%, peak: 181k/1.3%

MGP: 86k/0.5%, peak: 155k/0.8%

The great British public are not buying into **** Turpin's Charter.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Jeez MCN

D.i.c.k is a perfectly decent name !

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Worrying figures Saturn

BT need to do something to win the public over, i'm not sure what though.

This is a genuine question though, what would it take for you to subscribe to BT? Is there anything they could do to win you over?

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

So they did complain

And the rules were changed because of it. You're arguing semantics now.

... And Still waiting to see a fair explaination as to what this rule brings to the table.

The open class rules have been brought in to show Honda and Yamaha that the common ECU/software combination is a workable alternative, so they'll sign up to it and we can have standardised rules across the grid. Like we're going to have in 2016.

You're original whine was just that, a whine. You should try a douche for that sand.

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

The rot set-in ...

... with BBC's pathetic 'free to air' coverage, and has sunk to a new low with BT's 'pay to heave' package - both pushed by 'cash hungry' Crutchlow. Even watching Eurosport required a sick-bag as Ryder & Moody spewed more 'British is Best' bollox.

For true aficionados, there's only one option - a videopass from MotoGP.com.

Anything else is less. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TankslapperTrev

Aug 14

Druids..

... firstly, I agree that the rules are a mess, including the tyre rules, and I'm looking forward to a unified race series again....

I do think the current tyre rules bring something though.  Currently, like Aleix previously on the ART, Dovi and Iannone can stick their bikes up the pointy end of the grid during qualifying.  As mentioned by others, in the race they suffer with the tyres and go backwards... but at least we get to see some overtaking, and when the planets align, the possiibility of a Ducati podium.

What's the alternative?  If you let all the teams use all of the tyres, it is quite possible Dovi will never break through the third row against a soft tyre shod Yam or Honda, even if they only get one hot lap out of it.

You could allow the open teams full tyre choice, but not Yam or Honda?  But then, I think that might be taking the p1ss a little bit.... and Bridgestone have not committed to supplying that many available tyres anyway, as far as I am aware, and will not be that bothered about going beyond the call of duty, given their imminent exit.

The current rules are a compromise, albeit a not very satisfactory one, but I struggle to see a viable, fair and satisfying alternative.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices