Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bobsnicholson

Aug 02

WARNING Bike related post

R9T.

Just picked it up after it's first service, Euro 184:shock:

I was advised when i picked it up new to keep the RPMs to under 4500 for the first 1Ks...i duly did and was satisfied with it's go.

Came the long way home today and used plenty of RPMs.......Jesus, the thing really does move along.

Took a bit of time to get used to this bike (it wobbles a lot ((tech term)) but now i do believe it was a good buy. Really enjoying the noise it makes. The handling ain't to shabby either.

So....anyone that may have been thinking of getting one i can report they are spot on. Advise : get the longest test ride you can out of the dealer.
I didn't even sit on mine (or other's as non available) mine was in a crate...i just said i'll have it. It had been delivered for a another who (lucky for me) couldn't get the finance together. Right place, right time, me thinks.

PS : Still love my CB1100.

To all, ride safe 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 107 days ago (11 August 2014 14:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

R9T

Really enjoying the noise it makes.

I'll go with that.  :biggrin:

It almost sounded as good as mine :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well done Bob!

a bike related thread on here! getting to be a bit of a rarity! Is it white?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Loving the bike Bob

cool as fuck.....but i'd still take the Griso.....gotta thing about this bike....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bob... I'm assuming the 1k.....is in kilometres

Or about 600 miles...... Thing is Kawasaki recommended a similar RPM limit on my ZZR...... I was bored stiff truth be known..... Couldn't wait to give it some bollocks....... What amazes me about all this running in stuff is that BMW have been making that engine for thousands of years...... You'd think they could fine tune the tolerances .........by now ...... As for Kawasaki......bugger that, I just varied the revs and loading  without labouring or over revving it.

Anyway, thanks for posting something bike related and enjoy the ride....I've heard that the Winter is Hellish over there.................:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

preunit

don't go there. It's all looks and no go, according to Mr B after a test ride.

I think it's the best looking bike they've made for ages. Sounds nice, too.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bee....when I were 16

I used to drive a ...tractor.....'twas a Ferguson......before Massey got involved.... I used to have to turn it over using a cranking tool thing...... It was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced....... Apart from the night with Dawn Jewell.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. Anyway. It was brilliant, cuz I could drive around like a twat....:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I think

the technical term you're looking for is "starting handle", snev. I have had to swing a few of those in the past. Like kick starts, I don't miss them at all :smile

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"Like kick starts, I don't miss them at all"

How about a push start, then?  :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Yes

1000 Ks

You are right winters can be bad here in Spain (relatively so).........that's why we are going back to Dubai on 10th Oct for 6 month's (South Africa for 3 weeks in Nov) It's tough but i'll get through it.

Unit, Griso lovely bike but not enough go

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Bee and Bob

I have a Ninja for woosh...so if I had either an R9T or Griso it would be for chill :sunglasses:.....couldn't wouldn't have either as my only bike :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices