Skip to content

Discuss This Paul Bird planning BSB super team after quitting MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Paul Bird planning BSB super team after quitting MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Paul Bird planning BSB super team after quitting MotoGP

Millionaire businessman Paul Bird is planning a four-rider super team in the 2015 British Superbike series after detailing plans to close down his PBM MotoGP squad at the end of the season. Bird plans to expand his current two-rider assault in BSB by moving his MotoGP operation back to Britain and he is hoping to persuade Michael Laverty and Broc Parkes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 37 days ago (11 August 2014 16:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Difficult

I really dont see the BSB thing. Top quality bikes on tired old rain soaked, no facility circuits that with few exceptions are not spectator friendly. Riders do not set the world on fire either. Hey if 35-40 year olds can run in the top six the series is tired out.

WSB has just lost it, period and the Moto classes are now where it's at for quality racing.

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Tired old rain soaked circuits.

Well I have to say I agree with you Roasty, lets hope this thread is read by those who control those things, well, weather excepted of course.

As for "MotoGP is where its at", well yes and go back to the mid nineties its was the other way around of course

BSB is a great series but like anything it peaks and has done so (again) and needs a revamp. If you milk something for long enough without feeding it the supply dries up.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Until

circuits have the facilities like horse racing has , it'll keep sinking under the weight of sludge and the posh owners attitudes , bikes are seen as northern and working class in the UK only a fool would ride one in the weather we have , When there are a few more Timothys, Jaspers, and Jeremys the circuits and facilities might improve

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ooh Richard and OTM

you cynical pair -  I completely agree about the facilities ... no improvements since the 1960's. very poor.

However these unique and traditional little British circuits operate on tiny budgets compared to the giants of Motogp.    But MotoGp is where it's at ?     TV viewing figures tell a different story.

Here are the latest UK Ratings:  BSB is now more popular than MotoGp

BSB: 110k/0.9%, peak: 181k/1.3%

MGP: 86k/0.5%, peak: 155k/0.8%

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Saturn

Hpoe the irony shone thru half my comment , and my chagrin in the other , how many times do have to get  to my  bike on  its side ? 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

haha Richard

believe me I have the greatest sympathy for those views.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Birdy..

..isn't everyone's cup of tea..but he puts his money where his mouth is and backs British racing.

Probably a bit too straight talking for the PC GP paddock..and after being one of the first in to help Carmelo's idea of CRT, seems to have been shite on from a great height.

Love to see those bikes at next years Senior TT.

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

Wosi & Birdy

Don't get me wrong, yes, I agree he does put his money where his mouth is and as he has plenty of both I am sure there are many, Snr Ezpeleta and  MSV(JP)  included who were and will be pleased to take it off him.

I admire him for trying in MotoGP but my feeling is "he did it his way" and "his way" possibly ain't always the right way. When working along side world class teams who have been involved on the World stage for years, you should, as a newcomer, prepare, watch listen and learn and and I doubt if Mr Bird did any of that assuming he was at all the meetings anyway.

It will be interesting to see what bike he uses for Team B next year in BSB. I am sure we all wish him and both teams well. If Shakey is in the team then "yer know" :winkie: he will do well!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

New encarnation Huw you

Sick Fu*k, Lay off the glue Huw We know its uhu ha ha you lunatic

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale