Skip to content

Discuss This Is it Miller time for MotoGP? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Is it Miller time for MotoGP?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Is it Miller time for MotoGP?

Imagine trading in your KTM 390 Duke for the most trick Honda CBR1000RR FireBlade money can buy. That’s about as close as you will get to a move that Jack Miller could make in 2015, with the Aussie looking certain to complete a dream switch from KTM in Moto3 to a fire-breathing 1000cc Honda MotoGP bike in 2015. Ever since Miller’s compatriot...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 72 days ago (13 August 2014 09:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Miller to Motogp

Tthe rumour that will not go away.

It seems like an idea from the Motogp Script writers and PR twats rather than team managers. I have concerns over his physical ability to manage a GP bike safely over race distance. I'm sure he could handle the speed but the exertion is another matter. As all young men he's confident in his own ability, more balls than brains perhaps? If offered the shot I'm sure he'll take it what 19 year old wouldn't? Miller seems to be the new raw talent but I don't see anything wrong with letting him mature for a year. Should he find himself in Motogp next season I wish him all the best and hope we see him rise to the challenge rather than watch his potential squandered for the sake of easy headlines. 

Reply to this Topic
woodysv650

Aug 14

woodysv650 says:

Well..

A few things would be worth pointing out.

Gabor Talmasci (sp) also tried the same move for 2008, wasnt a great plan. The bike was'nt great, but he wasn't able to rack up a year, dispite being the then 125cc world champion. 

As Miller is likely to be the world champ of Moto3 this year, you need to look at the standard route. 

But people have compared him to Marquez, and as he's basically the revalation of the decade, we need to look at MM and his route.

Did 3 years in 125cc and really struggled, got on the Moto3 BAM. moved to Moto2, took 2 years after being basically win it or bin it, wins the second year (good work nontheless). Goes to MotoGP and wins in his first year by 4 points against the mighty Jorge (but likely wouldve taken another year if it not for suspect moves on his team mate and JL getting hurt). He'll win it this year.

Now the important thing throught this is that MM has spent a lot of time building up to this. Could MM bypass Moto2's 2 years? I would certainly doubt it to get the same result....

But then again, will he win on another other bike than a Marc VDS Kalex if he went to Moto2 next year? OOoooohhhhhhh he said it !!!

I feel in fairness, he's bit the hand that feeds and if he gets stuck on a crap bike in Moto2, he'll be there for too long. 

My thoughts anyway.

Woody

Reply to this Topic
Onthemoney

Jun 14

Onthemoney says:

250cc -1000cc

I seem to remember a young Italian going from 250cc to MotoGP. Didn't' do him much good though :upset:.

Its about having the right attitude of course as well as being able to ride fast and have the balls to do so.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

MM M3

Sorry to be a stickler for facts... but Marquez (Mark) never rode Moto 3.  He won the 125 crown in 2010 before going to Moto 2 in 2011.....  UInrelated, but I will have my beloved sport quoted correctly... hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Different strokes for different folks..?

Mmm..sounds about right. Consistency was never your strong point.

What do Honda know Bob..?

They know how to mollycoddle riders with the right passport..just look at Dani?

Millers no different..blue-eyed boy fast-tracked to the top, silver spoon hanging out his arse, rich daddy chucking money at him?

Hardly the stuff of Australian sporting folklore..the gritty underdog..never say die..

Let's hope he can handle getting spanked a bit better than the last one. 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I don't see why Jack Miller shouldn't skip Moto2. After all these CBR 600 engines in Moto2 still don't in anyway prepare a rider for a 250bhp MotoGP engine. I reckon Jack Miller is a great talent, but i really don't see him being so much better than some other top Moto3 riders. I could also see JM getting verry frustrated if he's stuck on an uncompetative Honda, but Honda say their proddy bike will have pneumatic valves next season. It's his choice, and he is to talented to fail hard. 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I hope he does well

I would love to see Jack Miller do well in MotoGP, it would be fantastic to see him mixing it up with the top boys. However if it doesn't go so well he has already done himself out of a top ride in Moto2 (if he had to move down if it went sour) as i can't imagine MarcVDS being too keen on signing him if it went wrong.

Hopefully it will pay off for him and Honda won't ruin his career in one fell swoop.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

on second thought

I am more towards Bob's viewpoint.

If he is taking  some casual ride just because he is impatient to get there, he has plenty of time and it is a bad idea, provided he has a championship capable moto 2 ride to go to as has been said.
If he is genuinely being lined up for a Honda factory team ride, he probably should do whatever Mr Honda/Mr Nakamoto/whomever at Honda suggests that he do, particularly if the second LCR Honda is  the development platform for the 2016 Honda under the new rules.

I have thought, as the luminaries quoted have said, that he looks likely to be suited by a more powerful bike, but likening him to Marquez in talent is at the very least quite premature imo.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

3 to GP?

This is all well and groovey and I hope it all works out for Jack ,but doesnt this kind of set in motion a machine that eventually gives 6 yr olds a test on MotoGP bikes until they find a worthy challenger to Marquez ? , I mean , you never know , and that kid really made riding a bmx look easy

Reply to this Topic
MVA800

Aug 14

MVA800 says:

Miller

I really like "Jack the lad"...I like his attitude and above all how he rides a bike. But i think he should go to Moto2 first (if he has a good team to go to) as this is where he will cut his teeth and gain even more experience. From a purely selffish point of view i would love to see him tear it up with the rest of the Moto2 boys even for a year.

Whatever his decision i just wish him good luck and safe racing!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices