Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez tops one-day Brno test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez tops one-day Brno test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Marquez tops one-day Brno test

Marc Marquez has topped a one-day official MotoGP test at Brno, only 24hrs after failing to win the Czech Grand prix at the same track, taking the top spot from Jorge Lorenzo as the factory Honda and Yamaha riders tested their new 2015 machines. Lorenzo was the early leader, and mid-afternoon rain meant it looked like he would finish on top,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 33 days ago (18 August 2014 17:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

What's this Iannone running out of engines already, my bets Dovis in the same quagmire, gonna need them extra ltrs of fuel to get the Donkeys Ducati to the finishing line from the pit lane start

Reply to this Topic
yomkippur

Jul 14

yomkippur says:

... don't be silly Noddy - that's why Ducati went 'Open'. They get 12 engines and there's a new spec motor coming for Aragon (along with a new frame).

Crutchlow won't get either - HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Was that engine no9 used on Sunday, it was reported that prior to that no8 had been used. Anyway with the February delay of next years bike what's the Donkey offering with the next update, hope it aint the one Piro used on Sunday hahah the one beat by a proper open Honda with valve springs open ecu shoddy brakes and suspension normal gearbox and a small petrol tank. Go Dovi go Iannone welcome to Dall'Ignas donkey derby

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

so Huw spunksock

Has anyone beaten Cal's time on a 2013 tech 3 that was no where near the spec of this years Yamaha nor last for that matter ,now Huw ,how can  I put this F*c*) Off and die ,Jorge didn"t dig in until it was too late ,and I am a huge fan but the on the grid primma donna listening to my music,fu*k get over yourself ,They all need a but of humility ,The British rounds future is not certain by any means, a company that cant get off the ground cant expect to fulfill a £5 million yrly contract that frankly isn't worth that, set up for a fall .com  dead cert eh Huw :wink::lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Humility stig?

Funny how the one guy on the grid who needs a huge spoonful of the stuff is the one guy you defend. And if your going to take a pop at Jorge for listening to music then forgive some of us if we take a pop at Crutchlow everytime he utters one of these gems:

"If I looked at my riding style and Casey's riding style, how we open the gas, how we brake, stuff like that, obviously he's a second a lap faster most of the time, but it's similar," Crutchlow said

Full of shit!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Judas

If he was that full of **** see phillip Island 2012 Sachs 2013 , Brno fastest lap. Only shite here is urs and Benny short memory. But we forgive U

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

A little bit o technical among the political statments...

READ: Riding 18 years to the day since his very first grand prix victory, at the same circuit in the 125cc class, Rossi finished fifth on the timesheets. The Italian was 1.035s behind Marquez after his 63 laps.

“The first prototype of the new engine is a small step but it is a little bit better. We also tried the prototype of the new bike. We improved some things, brake and entry is not so bad but in acceleration my feeling is that we lose a little bit. So we have something good and something bad,” he explained.

For anyone who knows about chassis this is CLEAR from 2013 prototype roll out.

www.crash.net/motogp/news/207783/1/rossi-lorenzo-debut-2015-yamaha.html

And before the SloMos start to rev up on lap times... Rossi's were interrupted by the rain.

What we CAN see is the effort of Yamaha to reverse the 2011/13 chassis bias for corner speed and try to get the ballance Rossi managed to give back to the M1 from 2004.

At the moment the M1 still havent get this ballance, it brakes better than the 2013 but Lorenzo repeated demands for more stability means Yamaha Racing have limited option but to introduce the changes step by step.

As Rossi (and Pedrosa) demonstrated this W-E the M1 is still not capable opf finding the grip it needs to enter the turn hard on the brakes (something obviously SloMos don't want to talk about for some good reasons) and when they try, they loose the front when Pedrosa and Marquez gets the rear wheel of the RC up the air while leaned over. Did we sugged it was related to GRIP some time ago?

Now according to Rossi, it appears that the 2014 goes the same way but that they lost some of the grip they had on the gas with this year's chassis, which they know well and can set up quickly in comparison.

To me it shows that they still try to get the best of both world and make compromises, it's obviously not going to become a Honda but as fasr as i can remember when a Lawson or a Rainey were on them, they could slide their bikes on the gas, turn on the brakes etc.

BTW while we're at it, just a reminder, i can't recall Yamaha having such a bad season apart for two; One when HRC introduced the Big Bang engine and Doohan became so dominant in 1992 before his Assen crash, the other being in 2003 when Yamaha didn't win a single GP.

That's 4 years of development the "250 style" way for you...

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Okay

You're kind of missing the point, but I'll indulge you. Fair results indeed but that was on his run of three DNFs out of 8, and only one of the few times that season he beat Dovi, and in the races you mention there was an Alien missing, plus Rossi was on a Ducati.

It was a perfect season to grab some podiums, which he did. But I think you're getting delusions of grandeur if you think it was anything other than decent results, at a perfect time.

Now the original point I made was the hypocrisy of stig, having a dig at Jorge, and other riders for their lack of humility, yet Cal gets carte blanche. Why?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Judas13 & ow01fogno1

I don't want to get you into a confrontation but just raise a question:

Doesn't Crutchlow sounds a little confused to you when it comes to riding style reading him for a year or so?

Because one day he is praising Lorenzo as being the fastest guy on hearth (and his riding style as Yamaha Racing forced feed him with), the other day he speaks of someone who rides the opposite way.

What is your opinion based (on facts please) about it? I just CAN'T get the center of gravity for Cal's riding style apart for the fact that he was a lot better on the M1 and is going to ride a bike than demands to be ridden 100% differently in 2015? Cheers....

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Judas13

From where i'm standing, seriously, since Biaggi there haven't been a more arrogant rider at Yamaha than Lorenzo.

Think: He went to K.R who wouldn't have considered him at his ranch if it haven't been for owning one favour to someone, only to chose to ride the opposite as he was taught to ride and take Yamaha Racing development the same way.

Corner speed is EASIER than back-wheel steering, even the Moto3 guys does it and even put down big black darkies on the gas.

So the SloMos will flash 31 victories and two titles-blah to demonstrate how right he was, but Yamaha changing the bike, he being dominated BIG time by Stoner in 2011 then by Marquez last year AND right now, the Yamaha not being able to win a single race in 11 GP is not enough evidence that a 160 kg/230 hp bike is NOT a 250cc and that when K.R gives an opinion on how best to ride them (or the 500 cc) he is RIGHT and that it's precisely the reason why Lorenzo got blitzed every time one REAL alien get his sheet together on the RC.

I've been a Yamaha enthusiast since 1979, and to tell you the truth it is the first time that i literally dislike one of their riders, seriously, even Biaggi was better, he might not have won them a title but he was able to ride a 500, which i doubt would have given Jorge better than a third or fourth in the title race.

Before they even won their first titles, Lawson and Rainey knew everything about their OWs, Lorenzo still can't talk technical to his crew chief after 6 years of being in a factory team, we all can see the result now.

FCUK HIM ballerine.

Lorenzo at K.R ranch.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices