It's important to get motorcycle cover in Europe

It's important to get motorcycle cover in Europe


motorcycle insurance: How to make sure you’re covered for Europe

By Marc Abbott -

Insurance advice

 08 January 2010 17:07

If you are planning a European touring holiday this year, then your essential paperwork should include a European Accident Statement (EAS), as well as your insurance certificate and/or green card.

The EAS is a standard form available throughout Europe in various languages. Its purpose is to get an agreed statement of facts when people are involved in road accidents, to assist with the processing of any subsequent insurance claims.

In France it is known as a constat l'amiable form and it is a legal requirement in France to fill in an EAS if you have an accident that involves people or vehicles. Both parties should sign the statement at the roadside before the vehicles are moved, if possible.

EM10 TE10