Sykes leads second day in Spain
27 November 2013 10:31
Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) carried on at top pace again on day two at the unofficial Jerez tests, setting an identical best time to day one, 1’40.3. His team-mate Loris Baz scored a 1’40.9 on a race tyre.
Marco Melandri (Aprilia Racing Team) rode to a 1’41.2, a time equaled by the reigning BSB champion Alex Lowes, who had his second strong day on the Crescent Suzuki.
Jonathan Rea and Leon Haslam worked on a multitude of set-up and electronics options, with Haslam slowed down by a machine breakdown that set his machine on fire, losing his time in the pits.
Eugene Laverty (Crescent Suzuki) got at least some track time on day two, despite an engine lock up to add to his issues with electronics, as he set a 1’42.9.
A very stock Yakhnich MV Agusta, took a lot of time to make rideable for Claudio Corti, but he finished his second and final day of 2013 testing with a 1’42.9.
Second Day Times
1. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) 1'40.3
2. Loris Baz (Kawasaki) 1'40.9
3. Marco Melandri (Aprilia) 1'41.2
4. Alex Lowes (Suzuki) 1'41.2
5. Jonathan Rea (Honda) 1'41.8
6. Leon Haslam (Honda) 1'42.2
7. David Salom (Kawasaki) 1'42.6 EVO
8. Sylvain Barrier (BMW) 1'42.6 EVO
9. Eugene Laverty (Suzuki) 1'42.9
10. Claudio Corti (MV Agusta) 1'42.9
11. Alessandro Andreozzi (Kawasaki) 1'42.9 EVO
12. Christian Iddon (Kawasaki) 1'43.0 EVO
13. Luca Scassa (Kawasaki) 1'43.2 EVO
14. Alex Hofmann (Aprilia) 1'43.3
15. Jeremy Guarnoni (Kawasaki) 1'43.5 EVO
Lorenzo Savadori (Pedercini Kawasaki) 1’44.4
Romain Lanusse (Pedercini Kawasaki) 144.8