Phillip Island WSS: Laverty takes clear victory
28 February 2010 08:54
Parkalgar Honda rider Eugene Laverty claimed victory in the opening World Supersport race at Phillip Island today.
Laverty dominated the race from the start. He got into a comfortable rhythm at the front of the pack and finished more than 4 seconds ahead of 2nd place Kawasaki motocard.com rider Joan Lascorz.
Hannspree Ten Kate Honda rider Kenan Sofuoglu claimed 3rd on the podium ahead of Spanish rider David Salom, racing for the Triumph BE1 team.
Brits Intermoto Czech team rider Gino Rea and Triumph BE1 rider Chaz Davies finished in 10th and 12th respectively.
1. Eugene Laverty IRL Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 21 laps
2. Joan Lascorz ESP Kawasaki Motocard ZX-6R +4.359s
3. Kenan Sofuoglu TUR HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR +4.500s
4. David Salom ESP Triumph BE1 Racing 675 +11.779s
5. Fabien Foret FRA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R +17.266s
6. Massimo Roccoli ITA Intermoto Czech Honda CBR600RR +25.034s
7. Robbin Harms DEN Harms Benjan Honda CBR600RR +27.834s
8. Jason Di Salvo USA Triumph BE1 Racing 675 +30.102s
9. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR +31.931s
10. Gino Rea GBR Intermoto Czech Honda CBR600RR +31.991s
11. Katsuaki Fujiwara JPN Kawasaki Motocard ZX-6R +40.552s
12. Chaz Davies GBR Triumph BE1 Racing 675 +40.556s
13. Sebastien Charpentier FRA Triumph BE1 Racing 675 +1min 28.553s
14. Paola Cazzola ITA Kuja Honda CBR600RR +1 lap
15. Danilo Dell'Omo ITA Kuja Honda CBR600RR +2 laps
16. Michele Pirro ITA HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 13 laps completed
17. Alexander Lundh SWE Cresto Guide Honda CBR600RR 7 laps completed