Jerez WSB: Laverty does the double
20 October 2013 15:07
Factory Aprilia rider Eugene Laverty finished the 2013 WSB season with a double win at Jerez after also setting pole position.
The Irishman got a good start, but was soon pushed back to second by newly-crowned champion Tom Sykes. Sykes stayed at the front as the pair streaked away from third place man Sylvain Guintoli.
Sykes was unable to get away from Laverty though and on lap 14 Laverty retook the lead going in to the final corner. With seven laps to go Laverty gapped Sykes to take a comfortable win.
Red Devils Roma rider Toni Elias finished fourth ahead of Chaz Davies and Leon Camier in sixth.
1. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'05.989
2. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'08.700
3. Sylvain Guintoli (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'11.699
4. Toni Elias (Red Devils Roma) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'21.498
5. Chaz Davies (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'27.819
6. Leon Camier (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 36'32.547
7. Lorenzo Lanzi (Mesaroli Transports A.S.) Ducati 1098R 36'36.829
8. Jules Cluzel (Fixi Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 36'39.045
9. Mark Aitchison (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'42.288
10. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 36'46.856
11. Max Neukirchner (MR-Racing) Ducati 1199 Panigale 36'50.297
12. Broc Parkes (Monster Energy Yamaha - Yart) Yamaha YZF R1 36'58.472
13. Sylvain Barrier (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR 36'59.663
14. Michel Fabrizio (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 37'26.305
15. Federico Sandi (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 36'37.139
RT. Leon Haslam (Pata Honda World Superbike) Honda CBR1000RR 7'04.803
RT. Ayrton Badovini (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale 3'37.385
RT. Xavi Fores (Team Ducati Alstare) Ducati 1199 Panigale
RT. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Grillini Dentalmatic SBK) BMW S1000 RR
NS. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad GoldBet SBK) BMW S1000 RR