Legal advice: What to do if the motorcycle parts you order don't turn up

Published: 06 November 2009

What do you do if you order some motorbike parts, pay for them in full and then they aren’t delivered?

Firstly telephone them to give them seven days to deliver the goods or provide a full refund, failing which you can tell them you will issue court proceedings in the small claims court for your losses.

Assuming they ignore you, go along to your local county court and have a chat with the friendly court manager who will help you complete a "small claims" form to issue proceedings. You will need to pay a small court fee.

This will be recoverable from the Defendant together with your losses. The court will help you at all relevant stages - it is not worth getting a lawyer as the costs would be disproportionate.

For more legal advice visit - Legal Help