Celebrity globe-trotter Charley Boorman has just finished an “action packed” bike trek across Canada, with his adventures due to be broadcast early next year.
Riding into the west coast town of Tofino yesterday, Boorman rounded off the two-month trip at the head of a fan-filled ride out. The “Extreme Frontiers Canada Tour” started in Newfoundland on June 9, crossing one of the world’s biggest countries over the space of six and a half weeks.
Riding his signature R1200GS, Boorman undertook a number of challenges along the way, including:
- Wreck diving in Fathom Five National Marine Park where there are over 100 wrecks
- Visiting prohibition tunnels in Regina
- Riding a rodeo bull
- Rock climbing with a Hollywood stuntman
- Mountain biking and Microlighting across the Rockies
- Kayaking with Killer Whales in the Pacific Ocean
His adventures will be aired at the beginning of 2012 on Channel 5 in a 4 x 1hrs TV series, with an accompanying book to follow.