The Yamaha XSR700 is the latest addition to Yamaha’s Sports Heritage range. The bike looks set to balance classy retro styling with the modern performance of the MT-07 – MCN’s Bike of the Year 2014 and winner of the best naked middleweight category in this years awards.
With a price tag of £6249, just £500 more than the standard MT-07, the XSR represents fantastic value for money.
Check back to motorcyclenews.com for our first impressions of the bike and catch the full report in the November 4 issue of MCN.
In the meantime, check out the specs of the new model below.
- Compact, lightweight chassis
- Short 530mm swing-arm
- Easily customizable, bolt-on rear sub-frame
- Rear Monocross horizontal shock system
- Standard with ABS
- Engine highlights
- 700cc inline 2-cylinder engine
- Crossplane engine design philosophy
- Deep linear torque
- 270-degree crank for strong acceleration and traction
- Smooth, exciting power delivery to high rpm
- Colours; Forest Green, Garage Metal