Honda has announced a series of upgrades for the 2012 GL1800 Goldwing, with updated GPS systems, storage space, bodywork and speaker sets topping the list.
The GPS system will be accessible online, allowing riders to share routes, while the reworked faring will offer better lower body protection for rider and pillion.
The 2012 Goldwing will be released to the US market in May 2011, with a European-bound edition likely to reach the UK by the end of the year.
The price is expected to at least match that of the current 2011 model, which starts at £23,125.
The series of upgrades to the 2012 model include:
• Perforated-look waterproof Urethane seat covers for “added comfort”
• Revised suspension
• Revised bodywork offers better wind protection for lower legs of rider and pillion
• New surround-sound audio system with ipod integration
• Optional GPS system features new colour display, lane-guidance system and internet connectivity
• Tail light integrated into rear panniers
• Non-airbag models get a centre-mounted lockable glovebox, upping cockpit area storage to 2.8l.
The first public viewing of the new Goldwing will be at this weekend’s International Motorcycle Show in Greenville, South Carolina.