Yamaha have announced their updated WR450F enduro machine for 2016, which is powered by a new rear-slanting, reverse cyclinder 450cc engine. The new bike is based on the firm's MXGP world championship-winning YZ450F.
Yamaha say the reverse cylinder engine provides high levels of controllable and linear torque, with the greater mass centralisation of the design increasing the bike's agility.
The new model should be available early December 2015 in Racing Blue. Price is yet to be announced.
Yamaha WR450F Technical Highlights
- YZ450F-based 450cc liquid-cooled DOHC, fuel-injected 4-valve engine
- Revolutionary reverse cylinder head with front facing intake
- Engine behaviour is fully adjustable with optional Yamaha Power Tuner
- Wide ratio 5-speed transmission with light enduro clutch
- Efficient cooling by enduro radiator with cooling fan
- Top mounted, quickly removable air filter
- YZ-F based aluminium bilateral-beam frame with optimised rigidity balance
- Latest KYB air-oil separation (AOS) type front forks
- Link-type Monocross suspension
- Main switch-free electric starter
- Instrument panel featuring enduro computer, fuel warning and more
- Metzeler 6 Days Extreme tyres