YZF-R1 gets iconic colours for Yamaha's 60th anniversary
Yamaha kicked off their 60th anniversary celebrations at the Bol d’Or this morning, revealing a retro yellow and black speedblock livery for their endurance race team, while simultaneously confirming a matching limited edition road bike.
The all-new 2015 R1 has been a rampant sales success for the Japanese firm in both standard and R1M form, and the special new anniversary edition gets an official genuine accessory Akrapovic slip-on endcan with carbon shield to go with the iconic ‘Kenny Roberts’ paint scheme.
While the bike is a limited edition, Yamaha have not yet confirmed the production numbers, but what is certain is that it will be available from December 2015, and will cost £15,749. The standard bike will be available in Race Blu, with a subtle graphic update, and in Racing Red.
Yamaha YZF-R1 60th Anniversary Spec
- 998cc crossplane 4-cylinder engine
- 189.89bhp and 83.42ftlb tested output
- Akrapovic muffler with carbon heat shield
- 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
- Banking sensitive Traction Control/Slide Control
- Front Lift Control and Launch Control
- Banking sensitive Racing ABS/Unified Brake System
- 199kg wet weight
- Upward truss type swingarm/magnesium rear frame
- Magnesium wheels and aluminium fuel tank
- One-click' adjustable riding modes
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instruments