Husqvarna's 701 Supermoto and Enduro models will be updated for 2017 with a new engine, increasing power and bringing the bikes inline with new Euro4 regulations.
The new engine produces an additional 6bhp, bringing peak power up to a quoted 74bhp at 8000rpm. Torque is also increased, up to 52ftlb at 6750rpm. The new engine also features a second counter balancer shaft to reduce vibrations. A new 50mm throttle body gets rid of the mechanical linkage to the throttle for improved throttle response.
New engine highlights
- Increased power & torque of 74 hp & 71.0 Nm
- An additional 1000 rpm of usable power
- Reduced oscillating masses for lower vibrations
- New intake resonator for improved response at low rpm
- Long service intervals & low fuel consumption
- Single overhead cam =>Double spark plugs
- Large bore & short stroke [105 mm & 80 mm]
- Forged aluminium piston
- Cutting edge ride-by-wire electronics
Click here for the story so far with our 2016 long-term test Husqvarna 701 Supermoto.
Looking for the perfect two-wheeled companion? Visit MCN Bikes For Sale website or use MCN's Bikes For Sale App.