MCN has joined forces with the ACU Suzuki GSX-R600 Trophy to give you the chance to race for free this season.
The GSX-R Trophy is a one make series which is now going into its second season following its success in 2007.
It is the ideal championship in which to make your racing debut as it is run at club level, and approximately half the field won’t have raced until now.
A number of last year’s riders have signed up once again showing that the package works well and provides enjoyable, cost effective racing.
If you are lucky enough to win you will be treated to a race package worth £12,900.
It provides you with a Suzuki GSX-R600 which will be returned to Suzuki at the end of the season.
Express Insurance, a leading intermediary who offers tailor-made insurance policies will supply Dainese leathers, boots, gloves, and back protector, which are yours to keep. Entry fees are paid for and a set of Dunlop GP Racer tyres will be supplied at every round.
On top of getting plenty of track time the GSX-R Trophy is the only production based Championship to support the British round of MotoGP at Donington Park on the 21st – 22nd June.
There are also opportunities for the championship leader to race as a wild card at the GSX-R 750 Cup which supports World Superbikes.
However the biggest carrot that the Trophy has to dangle is the chance to race the Rizla Suzuki Superbike at the Race of the Year at Mallory Park.
As well as all the opportunities along the way the overall Championship winner will pick up a Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superstock bike and the top under 25 entrant will win a Suzuki GSX-R600.
How to enter
To apply simply write to or email MCN (firstname.lastname@example.org) detailing your riding skills and why you feel you could compete. The top six riders selected will go forward to a test session at Mallory Park on Thursday 17th April where they will be judged by John Reynolds who will select the winner. The riders will need to bring their own motorcycle along to the event. Whoever wins will need to be available on Monday 21st April to attend a CTC course at ACU House in Rugby. The CTC course is a class room based training course for first time road race license applicants.
For further information visit www.gsxrtrophy.co.uk or call the ACU Road Race department on 01788 566406.
Terms and Conditions
• Suzuki will supply a GSX-R600 K8 which has to be maintained by the rider, at the riders cost, through out the season. This includes all oils and fuel.
• All crash damage is the responsibility of the rider and any damaged parts must be replaced before return to Suzuki at the end of the season.
• It is the rider’s responsibility to transport the race bike and equipment to each event at the riders cost.
• 1 set of leathers, boots and gloves will be supplied and will become the property of the rider at the end of the season. Any leathers, boots and gloves that require replacement during the season will be at the expense of the rider.
• The rider will be treated as any other competitor in the series and will have to abide by the 2008 Championship Conditions.
• The rider must enter each round by completing and returning an entry form for each round. ACU Ltd will pay the entry fees directly to the organiser. There will be no cash alternative available.
• The rider will be responsible for applying for a 2008 ACU Road Race Competition Licence and must comply with all the requirements of application.
• It is up to the rider to ensure that his bike is race worthy at each round and complies with the Championship conditions.
• If the rider is unable to race through injury or other reason, Suzuki reserves the right to appoint a substitute rider.
• The GSX-R600 remains the property of Suzuki and must be returned to Suzuki in full complete working order, race ready and with all bodywork in undamaged condition.
• Dunlop will supply one set of GP Racer tyres per round of the Championship for use at that round. Any subsequent tyre requirements will be the responsibility of the rider.
• The competition is only open to riders aged 18 and over.