Swan Yamaha rider Tommy Hill took his first Oulton Park victory of the season in the first race after Samsung Crescent Suzuki rider John Hopkins crashed out at Lodge corner on lap five.
Hopkin's crash brought out the safety car and the riders - with HIll at the front - bunched up ready for the restart. When the safety car left the track Hill got his head down and broke away from the rest of the pack, leaving Josh Brookes, Shane Byrne and Michael Rutter to battle it out for the final podium positions.
Brookes pulled a slight gap on Byrne and Rutter, comfortably crossing the line in second. Rutter wasn't letting Byrne pull away and kept looking for opportunities to take third position. Rutter finally got passed Byrne at the final corner on the last lap to take the third step on the podium.
1. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
2. Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki) +5.492s
3. Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +5.669s
4. Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +5.755s
5. Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +6.789s
6. Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +7.128s
7. Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +13.055s
8. James Westmoreland (Motorpoint Yamaha) +18.699s
9. Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki) +18.960s
10. Scott Smart (Moto Rapido Ducati) +21.619s