Shane Byrne extended his lead to twenty-one points in the MCE BSB Championship this afternoon with a win in race two to make amends for his failure to finish in the earlier contest.
'Shakey' Byrne never really looked troubled by his nearest competitor - Milwaukee Yamaha's James Ellison - and once he'd wrestled past Ellison at the line, he led from start to finish.
Alex Lowes on the Samsung Honda took the third place on the podium whilst Josh Brookes - who won the days' earlier race - could only manage fourth.
MCE British Superbikes - Brands Hatch, Race Two:
1. Shane Byrne GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R 26m59.507s
2. James Ellison GBR Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1 +0.191s
3. Alex Lowes GBR Samsung Honda CBR1000RR +0.289s
4. Josh Brookes AUS Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 +2.815s
5. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Samsung Honda CBR1000RR +7.010s
6. James Westmoreland GBR Buildbase BMW Motorrad S1000RR +8.044s
7. Jon Kirkham GBR Buildbase BMW Motorrad S1000RR +10.201s
8. PJ Jacobsen USA Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 +11.134s
9. Dan Linfoot GBR Lloyds British GBmoto Honda CBR000RR +14.902s
10. Keith Farmer GBR Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki ZX-10R +15.513s
11. Michael Rutter GBR Bathams Honda CBR1000RR +17.658s
12. Josh Waters AUS Milwaukee Yamaha YZF-R1 +17.996s
13. Peter Hickman GBR Lloyds British GBmoto Honda CBR000RR +24.004s
14. Matteo Baiocco ITA Rapido Sport Racing 1199 Panigale +24.732s
15. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles S1000RR +25.747s
16. Aaron Zanotti GBR Stel Suzuki GSX-R1000 +25.843s
17. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Two Wheel Racing CBR1000RR +42.499s
Howie Mainwaring GBR MH Kawasaki ZX-10R
Karl Harris GBR PR Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R
Michael Howarth GBR MH Kawasaki ZX-10R
Jakub Smrz CZE Padgetts Honda CBR1000RR
Chris Walker GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki ZX-10R
Lee Costello GBR Halsall Racing Kawasaki ZX-10R
Share and comment on this article ...