BSB Brands Hatch testing: Lowes sets the early pace
Published: 19 July 2013
Alex Lowes made his intentions for this weekend’s MCE British Superbike round at Brands Hatch crystal clear by topping the timesheets in a test session on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit this afternoon.
Although this weekend s race will take place on the full 2.433 mile Grand Prix circuit it still gives Lowes the early advantage onboard his Samsung Honda CBR1000RR.
Winner last time out at Brands Hatch, James Ellison set the second fastest time onboard his Milwaukee Yamaha so pip a rejuvenated Ryuichi Kiyonari in third.
Championship leader Shane Byrne was in contention at the front the entire session, but dropped to fourth at the end. Australian Josh Brookes reacquainted himself with his Tyco Suzuki after completing Suzuka 8 hour testing duties last week to set the fifth fastest time. Czech rider Jakub Smrz claimed sixth place onboard his Padgetts Honda.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch Indy, official test:
1. Alex Lowes (Samsung Honda) 46.098s
2. James Ellison (Milwaukee Yamaha) +0.210s
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Samsung Honda) +0.278s
4. Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) +0.407s
5. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.410s
6. Jakub Smrz (Padgetts Honda) +0.710s
7. Dan Linfoot (Lloyds British GBmoto Honda) +0.711s
8. James Westmoreland (Buildbase BMW) +0.771s
9. Jon Kirkham (Buildbase BMW) +0.802s
10. Chris Walker (Quattro Plant Bournemouth Kawasaki) +0.818s
Share and comment on this article ...